MSRP vs Purchase Price for a 2023 RAM 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I received the following quote for a 2023 RAM 2500. Most of the dealerships in the area are telling me they can't go below MSRP, which I don't believe obviously. One dealership offered the truck for $79,000, which is $2,280 or 2.8% lower than MSRP. Is that the best I should expect or can I do better at another location? I'm in Colorado, but I'm willing to go anywhere in the US if the price makes sense. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 505394

Get a 6.4L!!!!!!!!!!!

ktischler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Eco-diesel
You could save a lot more than that. I just got a new Limited Longhorn 2500 from Granger. Took almost exactly 6 months and I saved more than $13k off the MSRP price.

In your first post, you said you'd travel anywhere, but now you say you want to stay in CO. I have not heard of any CO dealers doing the 4% of invoice thing. Any dealer will service it for you, though, no matter where you buy

I went to a local dealer last year to purchase a Ram 1500 Laramie w/ Ecodiesel. All of their trucks had added $1700 to the MSRP. When I asked what this was for, the salesman answered, "because we can". I found a truck at another dealer 100 miles from here, and they offered it for $2,300 below MSRP. I purchased it there. When there was the Y80 recall for the backup camera I took it to the local dealer. They refused to work on it since I purchased it elsewhere.

venkatesh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I went to a local dealer last year to purchase a Ram 1500 Laramie w/ Ecodiesel. All of their trucks had added $1700 to the MSRP. When I asked what this was for, the salesman answered, "because we can". I found a truck at another dealer 100 miles from here, and they offered it for $2,300 below MSRP. I purchased it there. When there was the Y80 recall for the backup camera I took it to the local dealer. They refused to work on it since I purchased it elsewhere.
Some dealers are just terrible.

I sent the quote I received for a Ram Rebel from Granger, to a local dealer, he advised that they would never be able to meet that price, and it was a good deal and I should take it. It was pretty cordial of an exchange, so I am assuming they will service my Ram.

scausey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings 6.7 turbo
Try Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana. There the #1 volume dealer in the US. They have been Giving 10 to 12 thousand off of MSRP. Ordered my 2022 Ram 1ton from them. Took 6 months because I ordered one loaded out. 12,000 off of MSRP.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I've never had any warranty/recall work done at the dealer I purchased a vehicle from and never had an issue. I hope you reported them to Ram??

Big Blue Hemi

Keep on keeping on
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
These prices are exactly why I will drive my Laramie until the wheels fall off.
A fellow professional I used to worked with was known to say that “I may have been born at night, just not last night “.

Mark47ak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
I received the following quote for a 2023 RAM 2500. Most of the dealerships in the area are telling me they can't go below MSRP, which I don't believe obviously. One dealership offered the truck for $79,000, which is $2,280 or 2.8% lower than MSRP. Is that the best I should expect or can I do better at another location? I'm in Colorado, but I'm willing to go anywhere in the US if the price makes sense. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 505394
CHECK WITH Kellogg Idaho ram dealer largest in world. Dave Smith

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As Mtnrider says, you need to report them. They are obligated to work on the truck under warranty.

Dieselwill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 505394
I just ordered 3500 HO at invoice Monday and just received the vin assessment. Pretty quick we’ll see.

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4- 3:73- 6 Speed
OP I'm sure you're aware of this but the market is changing and not in a good way. My 2016 Ram 2500 has lost over 4 grand in value in the last 3 months. In my region (Texas) I'm seeing Ram trucks 2019 and newer sit for months at dealerships without selling. I've watched 2 in particular on Auto Trader that have been at one dealer for at least 5 months. One truck started out at just over 46k. It's now at 37,9K and still hasn't sold (no issues with the truck at all).

If you buy now you could be losing money in the short term. I'm sure it will turn around in a few years but who knows. I wouldn't buy right now unless I had no other options whatsoever.