Mud flaps yes or no

Mud Flaps - Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 121 78.6%
  • NO

Votes: 33 21.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had one of my Gatorback flaps tear of going over a curb.... Was expressly pissed it happen, they should be covered under warranty but had them bought from factory so who knows if they will replace it. But I see A LOT of trucks lifted with nothing on and that id my end goal so Just take them off or get it replaced?

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I always run mud flaps, basically to help stop the rock chips. I dont really dont any off road driving, but the flaps help stop road rash.

Last edited:

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't like the look of mud flaps, but put some on my truck and am glad I did. It just keeps the paint looking better and cleaner.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What does everyone recommend for them? I used to use the Weathertech ones but i hate how they have a large piece that overlaps the paint and traps dirt and salt. It's nice not drilling holes but whats the best brand people like?

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
I put them on for a couple reasons. First, they protect the paint from the crud coming off the tires, including rocks. Second, since I have steps/running boards, all the snow and slush coming off the tires tends to pack up on the step and turn into a mound of ice without the mud flaps. I didn't have them this past winter because I just bought the truck and it was a mess so they have been added. I opted for the heavy rubber mats so they are more resistant to being torn off by rocks and other objects. On my 1500 I had the Ram molded splach guards and they were fine, but the rubber offers more coverage.

stevenram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the weathertech but they really need to be an inch wider to better protect the running boards

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DuraFlaps...

Just checked them out. Kinda pricey without seeing them in person at $200 a set. And with stock tired which ones do you choose?

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
They have sets for stock tires, lifted trucks, wheel spacers, etc. You can visit them online or call them. Customer service is very good. Pricey yes, but heavy duty and made to last...serious mud flaps.

OP
OP
Wes Veness

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As i said i have Gatorbacks... I thought they were pretty good but got pinched going over a curb against my running boards and tore my driver front side off. Dealership says they are covered by warranty but still gust a pain to drive there to get 1 flap put back on.

PapaCap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
3.0 liter eco-diesel
Truck (pickup) drivers who have no mud flaps give us all a bad name in the minds of other drivers. Many of us have AT or more aggressive tires which fling larger rocks onto vehicles behind us causing damage to their vehicle. Do everyone a favor and use mud flaps unless you cannot for some reason.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, mopar heavy duty for the Ram. Only thing is the 2019 do not have anything for the top screw on front flaps. Ran to Lowes and picked up Mopar body panel push pins to insta vs screw. They have held up well to backing into snow banks and or deep snow. I added paint to match body. I used vinyl paint believing it would not crack, but it has. I am going to try touching up with tire paint (i.e. pen pen for making white letters on tires). Even though I had some cracking they still look good, just not a sharp as they did.

Mud Flaps2.jpg
Mud Flaps1.jpg

haasri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Running Ram factory molded flaps, fit great and look good price isn't bad. Fast delivery from vendor on this site!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Use weather tech, easy to install, work well, and can remove easily to clean better maybe once or twice year. No issue, just do it when I feel like doing an extra cleaning.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gatorbacks here, like the look more without flaps, like the protection more with flaps - looks loses :)