Mud flaps yes or no

Mud Flaps - Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 121 78.6%
  • NO

Votes: 33 21.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maverick10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I get the idea of mud flaps. Protects paint, vehicles behind you, etc.. I just find they look old man ish. aesthetically not nice to look at. But 100% they are practical

my 2 cents

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get the idea of mud flaps. Protects paint, vehicles behind you, etc.. I just find they look old man ish. aesthetically not nice to look at. But 100% they are practical

my 2 cents

Commodes don't have much appeal, either.... until they are needed for a not so great job. ;)

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And a Truck Tailgate Assist isn't old man ish?

You can't see a tailgate assist so it doesn't really count against you on the "old man" factor.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew

my 2 cents

Agreed. Same with a topper (cap). Don't really like the look of a cap either, but from a practicality standpoint, it works out good for me.
NewRims3.jpg

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
those look real good and cant beat the price. I bought my truck 2yrs old -2012 Bighorn- it has what I assume to be factory mopars-does that mean the original purchaser had to pay extra for mudflaps as an option? Just curious-I always figured they all came with them and some people removed them.
DSC00561.JPG

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
View attachment 214132 View attachment 214133 These are my mud flaps. I work at a glass plant spotting trailers. One day a driver backed into a snow bank and ripped this mud flap off his tractor.....bracket and all! I don't think he even realized he did it. Never picked it up, so I took it home and split it in half. I made a cardboard template to locate the stock screws to drill it out, adding 1 screw into the fender liner to hold the top. Took me about an hour to mock up, and they are one of the better, and cheapest, mods I have made so far. Now I just have to get something for the front.
If you see that trucker at your shop again-tell him he needs a new matching pair on his rig and show him what you did with the one you found -hey, you didnt know where it came from. He cant take the old one back if its cut in half. Maybe he will give you the other one- maybe. Pretty good use of your find!!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Agreed. Same with a topper (cap). Don't really like the look of a cap either, but from a practicality standpoint, it works out good for me.
View attachment 214624
I know, Rams look much sportier with just a quality tonneau cover--however, that cap gives you a little camper on wheels that you can really make comfy especially if you have the 6.4 bed or longer.

Mando Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought some Red Hound aftermarket mud flaps for my 2019 RAM Classic when I first got it in August of last year. I live on a gravel road, with the county putting down salt brine in the summer to knock down the dust, so it's important to keep that corrosive mud off the truck as much as possible. (I had it rust-proofed as well; I had a 2000 Dodge Ram Quad Cab I had undercoated by the same outfit, and it still looked brand-new when I sold it for the new RAM, but that's another topic.) Anyway, these are contoured to fit the body style, and look sharp with my chrome nerf bars. I had the factory Dodge mud-flaps on the 2000 truck, and they did a good job protecting it as well.