Muffler/CatBack for 2019 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruddy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTourqe
Hi All.... I'm a new member from Colorado. I'm looking at adding a Cat Back exhaust system to my 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn with the 5.7 Hemi eTourqe engine. Reason would be to get a throaty sound and hopefully better mileage. I have a Borla cat back on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.7. I like it but it may not be as throaty as some. I've looked at the Carven... plus several others. What is your experience and recommendation. thank you Ruddy.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd recommend looking over in the engine and performance section, there's already endless threads with lots of information about this very subject over there.

axial_pro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ eTorque
The Magnaflow 19429 (silver tips) and 19430 (black tips) are well regarded on the forum.

A beautiful start up shout and burble with a reasonable on-highway sound level. Sounds fantastic when you get on it and almost totally drone free.

The only way to get ZERO drone is stock, IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ruddy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTourqe
The Magnaflow 19429 (silver tips) and 19430 (black tips) are well regarded on the forum.

A beautiful start up shout and burble with a reasonable on-highway sound level. Sounds fantastic when you get on it and almost totally drone free.

The only way to get ZERO drone is stock, IMHO.

OP
OP
R

Ruddy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTourqe
Thank you.... I'll give it a look. Was this with a cat back system or just muffler replace and leave the resonators on the rear?

OP
OP
R

Ruddy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTourqe
I'd recommend looking over in the engine and performance section, there's already endless threads with lots of information about this very subject over there.

Thank You....I took a look after I figured out this website. There are a lot of recommendations. It can be a bit confusing. I can listen to on line videos, but sometimes that's hard to know what it is like in person.

axial_pro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ eTorque
Thank you.... I'll give it a look. Was this with a cat back system or just muffler replace and leave the resonators on the rear?

Cat-back

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank You....I took a look after I figured out this website. There are a lot of recommendations. It can be a bit confusing. I can listen to on line videos, but sometimes that's hard to know what it is like in person.

Yes there's plenty of options out there for these already, or pretty much any muffler swap you want. And I agree, it can be tough to gauge the accuracy of the sound in some video's, especially lower quality video's. You're definitely in the right place for input though, quite a few people here have already swapped exhausts. Good luck with yours.

R

Rogues Gambit

If you're like me, you're gonna go full exhaust

If you want Type S noise levels though, go for a touring exhaust, because after the headers and y-pipe, you'll be right there

Rambutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have a loud and aggesive sound(atak)but not to bad inside..what do you think...

mike12193

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/E-Torque
Magnaflow Cat-Back 19429 or 19430

KJ6MTJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are truely a lot to pick from now a days. However I headed down to the Engine Performance Shop. Ended up going with a Flowmaster 40 Series #43103, 2 chamber and left the stock resonators and tips. Perfect low pitch tone.

There was a 4th gen getting the same muffler but they went with new dual pipes, since they had the single tail pipe. Much louder then mine due not having any resonators.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
To bad they made the factory sport exhaust too quiet for the 19s because the 18 is a good sounding exhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let us know if we can help, we have many options from muffler kits to catbacks. I personally am a big fan of the Borla ATAK and S on these 19's. Great deep tone and sound very mean.

bdm219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Borla ATAK catback and love it.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have the American thunder cat back 50 series for my 6.4 and love it.

Sent from an undisclosed location in Iraq