Muffler Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dog___fighter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m wondering what others did for a muffler delete on a 3.6 1500. I’m trying to do one and would love some tips.
I just did a delete on my 3.6 I got rid of the big muffler with a delete pipe but it’s really loud

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey, if you like it, great for you!

I would rather have a sewing machine sound than that...

RAMan92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
No, no, and no, do not remove the muffler all together but replace it with a more free flowing one! I had a magnaflow 40 installed on my 2020 Pentastar (kept the resonator). As a "Hmmmm" moment after the exhaust tech cut off the muffler he started the truck and it sounded exactly like a VW TDI, pretty funny actually. So then he placed a Super 10 in front of the open pipe and it was LOUD, like insanely loud, sounded amazing at idle but we never revved it, I suspect it would have sounded raspy. After he placed the 40 Series in front of the open pipe it sounded perfect, nice and sporty, definitely not a V8 rumble but more like a 350Z with a cat back. Next I may replace my resonator with a Super 10, the tech is down to do it and is curious as all hell, if he cuts me a good deal I'll do it. I payed $150 for the entire job. Here is a link to the YouTube video I posted on the sound of the 40 series on my truck.

Scotts Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, if you like it, great for you!

I would rather have a sewing machine sound than that...

I'm right there with you. I only posted that crap because the OP wanted to know what it sounded like. Total crap in my opinion.

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Yeah you can make it sound deep at idle but most videos DON'T show wide open throttle acceleration etc, it sounds like a pissed off 350Z. I'd be embarrassed with that sound LOL outta a truck. I'm keeping mine hush quiet.