Muffler options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking at doing one of the direct for muffler replacement options, Ive looked at Mufflex, Solo, and Magnaflow. The truck is going to see a lot of highway use and am trying to avoid the severe drone Ive gotten with other systems, Truck is a stock 16 Power Wagon

What are you guys running?

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went to Napa and got the stock OEM style muffler. Nice and quiet (relatively speaking)...I'm not into the rip roaring sound. Altho if I'm pulling onto the interstate in heavier traffic and I put the pedal to the metal I can hear it loud and clear...which I gotta admit, sounds kinda cool!

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I run a magna flow d fit with the stupid resonator cut off it is louder than stock by far insert small ***** joke here . it is ok until you honk on it then it scares old ladies and snowflakes.love that merican rumble

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Borla makes a cat back too for the Ram HD. I'm running the MagnaFlow 19200 kit (muffler and resonator). It really opens up on hard acceleration and fairly mild at idle and cruise. Crusing has a growl in the cabin, not obnoxious, but you know there is a 392ci Hemi there, except when the MDS kicks in, then it's like a burbling 4 banger is the best I can describe.

MagnaFlow has a limited lifetime warranty. If it was to fail, I might go with Borla the next go around.

I've ran Gibson, but back then it was an aluminized exhaust system. They have SS set up now, but have not revisited Gibson since then. It rusted out in a about 3 years, but good tone.

I've also ran Flow Master 50 series. They're pretty loud despite being the medium range for noise.

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I run the Magnaflow direct replacement 19493 with the stock resonator.
It's a straight through muffler.

Good tone and low drone. MDS sounds awful. Easy install too.

Very happy.