Muffler/resonator delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
So I now have my second 5th gen Ram. On the last one I put on the Flowmaster Outlaw and I liked it a lot but it could have been louder. This time I'm thinking possibly doing a muffler/resonator delete. Anyone here done this and could compare it to the Outlaw? Watched a couple videos on YouTube but I feel you can't really go by those. I'd like to hear an actual opinion from someone who has done it. Another reason I'm considering a delete is cause I'd like to swap out the chrome tips with bigger black ones. I have a silver sport model and I plan on swapping out all the chrome badging for black.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
i installed a carvan competitor. Which does has a small muffler. It sounded awesome. There is also the Mufflex delete, which has NO muffler. So will be a little louder.

I mean, it wasnt as loud as my straight piped, big Turbo 500WHP Evo. but it was loud lol.

Little vid below of mine. TURN SOUND UP for full effect lol.

jeeplj8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had a Borla put in place of the OEM muffler. I did not want to go too loud. This is a "luxury" truck after all. :) Anyway - sounds really nice, very deep rumble, curiously the cold start is not nearly as loud as I thought, but when you put your foot in it it just roars. Idle, around town, nice deep burble, very old school muscle sound. Freeway on ramp and you might look to see if Parnell Jones is climbing up your rear.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Derek H

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So it seems nobody has done an aftermarket muffler with a resonator delete. I have an MBRP muffler and want to take out the resonators, but was hoping someone else has done it to tell me how much of a difference it makes.

retroboomin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think Im going to try the vibrant 1794 muffler swap and leave resonators. I ran this setup on my 21 6.4 WBscat and it sounded good.l very little drone. also not expensive

the only difference is that the scat had 2 mufflers where the ram just has one i believe? 1 muffler - 2 resonators? I hope it sounds good

Last edited:

livingon88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
All I did to get good but not obnoxiously loud was took off muffler replaced with straight pipe. resonators are still in system