Multiple fuel cans or 1 bigger one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just arrived in Colorado yesterday from Minnesota, spent night in rapid city before coming to Colorado. The 6.4 does good on flat lands but sucks in the hills. I have 3:73’s rear end. Above poster stated he has 4:10 and his fuel mileage was about the same as mine. If new truck prices get back to normal levels, will be looking for a diesel. For now, once I get back home, won’t be leaving the 5 state area. Luckily, I brought 3 five gallon gas cans. Had to use them twice after leaving rapid city.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just arrived in Colorado yesterday from Minnesota, spent night in rapid city before coming to Colorado. The 6.4 does good on flat lands but sucks in the hills. I have 3:73’s rear end. Above poster stated he has 4:10 and his fuel mileage was about the same as mine. If new truck prices get back to normal levels, will be looking for a diesel. For now, once I get back home, won’t be leaving the 5 state area. Luckily, I brought 3 five gallon gas cans. Had to use them twice after leaving rapid city.

I don't know if a Diesel will make you happy as they come with their own woes.
After my trip and getting replies like "You should be getting 9-10 MPG" I did a search of you tube videos and found out that real world mileage was what I was getting with 4.10s. I could probably bring it up a bit by being very careful and driving by the computers avg. MPG. I'm going to try that on my next trip and see how I make out.

OP
OP
B

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Am assuming you have a six speed tranny like me. Newer trucks have 8 speeds now. Not sure if that would help with the big hills or not. Yeah, dealing with DEF crap has its own issues. Maybe find a good single axle rig. Used to own a rig 20 years ago. For now will keep current truck until prices hopefully get back to normal. I did own a 2000 1 ton with a Cummings. Awesome power but the 4 speed tranny sucked back then.