multiple issues, started with battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BK24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2015 rebel. Had the issue with the gauge lights staying on and killing my battery. I pulled the fuse for the underhood light as was suggested in another post and it seems to have corrected it. I pulled the negative post off and hooked up a trickle charger while I was at work. Hooked it back up, started it and then got a service air suspension system message. Then noticed the climate control knob and everything in that cluster was inoperative. Then service 4wd message pops up... Ahhhhhhh any ideas??
Thanks!!
PS. Have check engine light but no codes stored.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The check engine light with no code is probably loss of comm error, my mechanic buddy told me this sometimes happens when disconnecting the battery(just replaced mine last month). Low battery voltage can cause strange issues with these trucks.
Check your static battery voltage, after letting the truck sit overnight/couple of hours. If it's at or under 12.3V you probably need a new battery. Buy an AGM type replacement battery.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ DITTO... DANG low battery sends the RAM electronic stuff Bonkers........

OP
OP
BK24

BK24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I popped a new battery in it but it's still giving me 4wd service and air suspension service messages. The lower console panel is totally inoperative now. Climate control, radio, 4wd buttons, traction control and suspension height are all unlit and don't function. Radio and climate works from the touch screen. I unhooked the negative cable in hopes it would reset everything.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Check the BCM connectors under the dash, behind the brake pedal for loose connectors. There is also a large connector under the truck, driver's side by the front wheel inside the frame rail, check that one too. Those are some of the more common ones to mysteriously come apart but check any that you see..

OP
OP
BK24

BK24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll check when I get home if the rain hasn't set in. Odd this all happened while parked. Still hoping when ivhook the battery back up it lines itself out.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Keep this in the back of your head, a new battery doesn't always mean a good battery. Even though it is rare, in the past I've received a defective brand new battery. It was unique and it took a few days to figure it out because the battery had one bad cell causing periods of low voltage then it would return to normal voltages.

OP
OP
BK24

BK24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Battery checked at 12.9 before I hooked it up. Fired right up. The 4wd message is gone but the air suspension message is still there. Checked both places you said to look for a loose connection and all good. I can still use the touch screen to turn on climate and radie but the lower portion is still dead and I'm pretty sure that's what's causing the suspension message. I drove it arou d the house and parked on a slant and it leveled after I shut it off. If I shut it off and start it back up the radio and climate is back off but can be turned on through the screen and radio controlled through the steering wheel controls. Has to be a fuse somewhere for this panel...

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look on the floorboard, drivers side, upper panel, just behind to the right of the E-Brake. There is a Large white connector there that PPL have reported problems in the past. Make sure it is fully plugged in and locked. A lot of the electronics runs through that connection. Mine was there on MY 15. On my now MY 19, would U believe there are 3 different boxes/connectors there, just a great place for a foot to hit and fiddle with, just saying.....

CRASH: Remember when PPL were having trouble with that junction there by the ER brake and the Hookup underneath that U mentioned,

OP
OP
BK24

BK24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went through every fuse in the block , all good. So I Started pulling 1 by 1 and checking. Ics fuse was the culprit. When I reseated it and hit the key it was all back to normal. Air suspension message gone.
Cluster light still stays on unless the F60 hood light is pulled. I got under and looked and the light is not on when the hood is shut so no idea there....

OP
OP
BK24

BK24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the tips and info! Ill know where to look when the next gremlin hits.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went through every fuse in the block , all good. So I Started pulling 1 by 1 and checking. Ics fuse was the culprit. When I reseated it and hit the key it was all back to normal. Air suspension message gone.
Cluster light still stays on unless the F60 hood light is pulled. I got under and looked and the light is not on when the hood is shut so no idea there....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, wonder what's up with that. Something back-feed, but why would fuse be connected with ICS? Gotta be something ref the Remote Start/Security system, where is a door is open or yer HOOD is open, truck not remote start, But I am grabbing at straws here.

Yer Avatar shows the ole Blackhawk, LOL, AH 60 I think.,.,

OP
OP
BK24

BK24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UH60 but Yessir, I was a crew chief back in the 90s.
Yeah I love the truck but I hate that 1 issue causes so much havoc on the whole system.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What fuse number is it? I might have to try it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk