'Murica! Lined up in the driveway.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweetness...we lived in a blessed land, for sure! So deets on the coupe, please!

TXCOMT

OP
OP

1stHEMI

Reaction score
Thanks! The coupe... 1965 Belvedere II with full coilover suspension and tubbed in the rear for the fat meats. I drive the car several thousand miles a year, as well as road race at Willow Springs here in California. It's a magazine project car, so it's constantly going through improvements. I bought it to build the car I want rather than restore the car the way someone else wants it. You can see more here: https://www.streetmusclemag.com/project/project-track-attack/

I've had the car for about 17 years, and was the editor of Street Muscle Magazine for five years. It's one of the longest project cars that the company has had with consistent upgrades and improvements.

Belvedere-1.jpg

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking ride and I bet fun to drive and enjoy

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! The coupe... 1965 Belvedere II with full coilover suspension and tubbed in the rear for the fat meats. I drive the car several thousand miles a year, as well as road race at Willow Springs here in California. It's a magazine project car, so it's constantly going through improvements. I bought it to build the car I want rather than restore the car the way someone else wants it. You can see more here: https://www.streetmusclemag.com/project/project-track-attack/

I've had the car for about 17 years, and was the editor of Street Muscle Magazine for five years. It's one of the longest project cars that the company has had with consistent upgrades and improvements.

View attachment 148962

Then from one former magazine editor (and staffer) to another, congrats...that's a beaut!

TXCOMT

OP
OP

1stHEMI

Reaction score
Then from one former magazine editor (and staffer) to another, congrats...that's a beaut!

TXCOMT
oh yeah? who did you write for? I'm still writing for a couple publications (all online and one print)

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
oh yeah? who did you write for? I'm still writing for a couple publications (all online and one print)

I've been freelancing for RV PRO, a B-to-B pub for RV dealers, for quite a few years...I've done dealer profiles on most of the big RV dealerships in the country (and many small ones), plus a few manufacturers. I'm working on a piece about Entegra (a part of Jayco) now. I also used to be the editor of the NIADA magazine; that's the NADA equivalent for used car dealers. Early in my journalism career, I even had a couple of stories in Mustang Monthly...good (if not especially prosperous) times!

TXCOMT

OP
OP

1stHEMI

Reaction score
Cool, sounds like you've kept yourself busy!

I've written for a few musclecar publications, but my real 'claim to fame' is an interesting story. I met with Bob Riggle (Hemi Under Glass driver) and he let it slip about the rollover accident with Jay Leno. He told me that he would grant me the first interview if I kept it a secret until Leno posted/published the video of the accident. I kept my word, so did Bob, and I called him the next day and got what I feel was one of my best articles done, and published it a couple days later before anyone else got the full story.

Later, a friend 'borrowed' my text to publish in his own magazine, but I didn't know he did that. A couple years later, I ran into Bob and Jay at Vegas and I saw someone from my friend's magazine hand a large wall plaque to Bob Riggle with an article about his accident with Leno posted on the plaque. When I saw it, I realized that it was my article and my photos that were posted on that plaque. I later found out that my friend, who had since passed away, had actually given me full credit for the article that he published. That plaque was given to Jay Leno, and now resides on the wall in Leno's Garage, in the men's room!

For those interested, here is that article: https://www.streetmusclemag.com/fea...s-does-a-shake-rattle-and-roll-with-jay-leno/

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love the end of that video..
Riggle: wait till my wife see's this
Leno: YOUR wife as he shakes his head

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool, sounds like you've kept yourself busy!

I've written for a few musclecar publications, but my real 'claim to fame' is an interesting story. I met with Bob Riggle (Hemi Under Glass driver) and he let it slip about the rollover accident with Jay Leno. He told me that he would grant me the first interview if I kept it a secret until Leno posted/published the video of the accident. I kept my word, so did Bob, and I called him the next day and got what I feel was one of my best articles done, and published it a couple days later before anyone else got the full story.

Later, a friend 'borrowed' my text to publish in his own magazine, but I didn't know he did that. A couple years later, I ran into Bob and Jay at Vegas and I saw someone from my friend's magazine hand a large wall plaque to Bob Riggle with an article about his accident with Leno posted on the plaque. When I saw it, I realized that it was my article and my photos that were posted on that plaque. I later found out that my friend, who had since passed away, had actually given me full credit for the article that he published. That plaque was given to Jay Leno, and now resides on the wall in Leno's Garage, in the men's room!

For those interested, here is that article: https://www.streetmusclemag.com/fea...s-does-a-shake-rattle-and-roll-with-jay-leno/

Now that's a great story! I remember when all that happened...Hemi Under Glass is legendary! Plus, who else among us can say their work occupies such a place of honor?

TXCOMT

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963