MX4 + Bedrug for 2019 2500 (or 1500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redgst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does anyone have the MX4 + Bedrug installed on their 2500 (or 1500)?

Im trying to determine if installation is something that I can tackle myself for both of these together.

Local dealership wants ~400 extra for the purchase & installation of both...
(they are also suggesting that I go with the Line-X version of the MX4... any thoughts on this?)

Trying to determine if that's worth it...
I've gone through the videos online - and they seem pretty straightforward...
However, as I've experienced in the past - what seems easy is usually not.

Any feedback appreciated.
TIA.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Installed both myself. I have the Mopar branded version MX4. I'd install the Bedrug first. If you're down south, zip it together and lay it in the bed without doing the velcro. Let it sit out in the sun for an hour or so to let it relax and then do the velcro.

As far as the tonneau, make sure the vertical flanges the rails clamp to are reasonably straight and actually vertical. It's an area that can have some bends and dents because it's not really visible. If it's not straight and vertical, you'll not get the seals sitting flat and tight on the side rails

Neither is difficult. Just do it when you aren't pressed for time and feel you need to rush.

Tombato

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New Body
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the Mopar version of the backflip and the bed rug did both myself on a Saturday morning went very well just follow the directions you can do it but only you know your skill level good luck by the way I'm happy with both

skillzzs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just installed the MX4 on Friday on my 2019 2500 w/RamBox, which by the way was purchased here on the forums through Nick at GotExhaust. Install was SUPER easy, took about three hours and required only a couple of sockets and a Phillips screw driver for the latch adjustments! If you can build IKEA furniture, you can install the MX4!

Tonneaucovered

www.tonneaucovered.com
Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
We have many customers call us after they've received their MX4, to thank us for the savings, and tell us how simple the install was for the MX4. They then often ask if we can save them on other accessories.