My $500 2004 ram 5.7 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would also like to see your pictures of the F100 :)

Pictures the day I bought the f100 , no motor but fairly solid body, small issues around windshield but mostly pitting an pin holes , bed floor needs work and quarters may need work after sanding

IMAG1038.jpg IMAG1036.jpg IMAG1037.jpg

OP
OP
T

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did have to replace drivers an passenger floor pan, have rebuilt the front end and installed stainless brake lines front to back and have chassi with motor 302 built / c6 tranny ,,and new dual exhaust installed , I could start it with a little wiring as its more complete than these pictures show as chassi part is done,,its all body work and sanding 6 layers of paint counting primer,,but other than front floors cab is solid,,had to stop when ram was bought so I need to get space opened up soon ,,winter isnt helping

IMAG1377.jpg IMAG1505.jpg IMAG1506.jpg IMAG1686.jpg IMAG1745.jpg

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Did have to replace drivers an passenger floor pan, have rebuilt the front end and installed stainless brake lines front to back and have chassi with motor 302 built / c6 tranny ,,and new dual exhaust installed , I could start it with a little wiring as its more complete than these pictures show as chassi part is done,,its all body work and sanding 6 layers of paint counting primer,,but other than front floors cab is solid,,had to stop when ram was bought so I need to get space opened up soon ,,winter isnt helping

View attachment 152887 View attachment 152888 View attachment 152889 View attachment 152890 View attachment 152891
LOVE it , Thanks,Nice work,
Always had a spot for the older FORD'S :) I had a 87 F150 with the 302 .Great motor and had the C6 Transmission in Galaxy with a 390 :) Both a lot easier to work on then todays Autos :O

JoeRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are doing some nice looking work. Can't wait to see how the projects turn out.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I would like to get a Old Step side in a year or two and redo it :) But like I said you do some nice looking work !

OP
OP
T

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would like to get a Old Step side in a year or two and redo it :) But like I said you do some nice looking work !

Thanks,,been slow lately with the deep freeze weather and my full time job,,hopefully get back on it soon and get some more work done,,but does anyone have a good wiring diagram for the transfer case mode sensor to the TCCM ? I would like to know were to check connections that plug in and join it all together as I know about were it comes in to dash but want to make sure I am not missing something , I believe I have a break in the wiring but working alone its hard to ohm the mode sensor plug to were it plugs in the TCCM as one is under the truck an other in dash ,,I am sure there has to be at least one or more connecting plugs to get it into the cab were the TCCM is mounted ,,which whoever thought it was a good idea to place the TCCM on the left of the column behind dash were you cant reach easily to unplug with out using to many 4 letter words needs a new occupation because he sucks at his job

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well got 4wd working but unsure how ..previous owner said had not worked in 2 years , and he had replaced shift motor once,,so I replaced the shift motor again found water in plug on motor side not mode side at that time few months back and the had replaced tccm an the fmc and still nothing , looked at wiring an found one wire on mode sensor plug that had been spliced poorly,,I repaired that still nothing,,that's when I posted this,,ok so before tracing wires down I unplugged mode sensor an turned key on an checked the #2 pin for proper the 5volts an all was good,,checked the #4 pin for ground and it ohmed out with a frame test just fine,,then checked other mode position pins by ohming out all pins to see if they might be touching together somewhere but all was good no shorts that could be found with that test,,so turned off key and climbed back under and plugged mode sensor back up,,was going to start looking at plug connections but first jumped back in truck and turned key on really just for the hell of it and low an behold the 2wd light came on at the selector switch ,,I was like what the hell ,,turned to 4wd an boom it went in could hear shift motor turn,,worked in low an high an 4wd light was on when engaged and the 4wd service light out,,so took it out for long drive and its been working ever since,,so go figure but I guess the ohm test on the ground to frame on #4 pin woke it up as I had always thought it was a grounding issue but never thought this would do it as it hadn't worked in 2 years but now no problems