My built n ordered Ram 1500 showed up with wrong rear end ratio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just out of curiosity, what engine and trans do you have? And are you in the U.S. or Canada? And that's pretty crazy about your coworker, that must have been quite the unpleasant surprise.
I'm in Canada
I did not specify the gear ratio other than I did NOT want a 3.92.
I have the 6 speed Kaitlen Jenner.
My window sticker doesn't have the axle ratio listed, but it does have my name at the top of the sheet.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my problem is resolved. Dealership is ordering me a 2020 Ram today with 3.92 gears and I can drive the 2019 3.21 Ram until it comes in. Im happy with the outcome. Appreciate everyone’s input and knowledge
At least the dealer came good for it and didn't try to screw you.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in Canada
I did not specify the gear ratio other than I did NOT want a 3.92.
I have the 6 speed Kaitlen Jenner.
My window sticker doesn't have the axle ratio listed, but it does have my name at the top of the sheet.

Thanks for the info, and for the Jenner laugh, made me think of this picture that always makes me laugh:
IMG_2884.JPG

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my problem is resolved. Dealership is ordering me a 2020 Ram today with 3.92 gears and I can drive the 2019 3.21 Ram until it comes in. Im happy with the outcome. Appreciate everyone’s input and knowledge

Excellent :rocking:

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019?
Engine
5.7?

That's outstanding! Did they require any cash on your end, or are they just swapping the VIN on your loan?

-John

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty sure I know which dealer you dealt with, my salesman mentioned yesterday when I picked up my truck they had another white RCSB a couple weeks ago and him asking the sales manager if they can give me that one since I was waiting so long lol (but couldn't because it was obviously a sold order)

Kinda funny that's 2 trucks they ordered with the wrong gears, both white RCSB at that lol

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No cost to me even swap

As it should be, but good to hear nonetheless.

Pretty sure I know which dealer you dealt with, my salesman mentioned yesterday when I picked up my truck they had another white RCSB a couple weeks ago and him asking the sales manager if they can give me that one since I was waiting so long lol (but couldn't because it was obviously a sold order)

Kinda funny that's 2 trucks they ordered with the wrong gears, both white RCSB at that lol

I wonder how many people are/will be driving up there with the wrong gears? Certainly not singling out this dealer, being an online and order problem, I'm sure this is happening in a lot of places.

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wonder how many people are/will be driving up there with the wrong gears? Certainly not singling out this dealer, being an online and order problem, I'm sure this is happening in a lot of places.

Not sure if mine "only" being a forgotten checkbox is any better than FCA and the dealer selling customers an option that doesn't exist? lol

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if mine "only" being a forgotten checkbox is any better than FCA and the dealer selling customers an option that doesn't exist? lol

I don't know, they are both pretty egregious in my book. Getting the 3.21 when you wanted the 3.92 is even worse than the OP situation, but either way those are some HUGE mistakes or errors to be happening for people that actually care what gears are back there. I'm sure plenty of people who don't care are driving with them non the wiser, or wouldn't care too much if they knew. For people like us, who go in knowing what we want, and in your guy's case, ordering specifically what you want, it's a pretty big deal.

If I ordered a truck and they gave me 3.21's cause they forgot to check the box, I would be forgetting to pay and sign the papers at that time. Or like the OP, drive it til your correctly ordered truck is in.

OP
OP
Nbachorn

Nbachorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

We have good taste, I noticed yours in the delivery bay lol. I wanted black on black but that’s not allowed or offered with reg cabs only 4doors which made no sense to me at all.

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We have good taste, I noticed yours in the delivery bay lol. I wanted black on black but that’s not allowed or offered with reg cabs only 4doors which made no sense to me at all.
I wanted black on black as well but not the metallic black they offer on reg cabs, it's just not the same lol

Black on white still isn't half bad though!f33f53c45fe31fbfc4c1f87b9dab897c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
I built and ordered a 2019 Ram 1500 My must have options were 5.7 4x4 with 3.55 rear end ratio. I did the build with the salesman obviously and I noticed his build program didn’t have options available for the rear end gear ratios like when I did the build at home (3.55-3.92) so I asked why and was told and shown on the salesman’s computer that the 3.55 rear end ratio is standard for my build package. Now I picked up my truck last Thursday and immediately noticed my truck has a 3.21 not the 3.55 and asked the salesman and manager wtf happened so we replicated the build and once again their computer says a 3.55 is standard. The dealership and fca are in contact at the moment and I’m wondering if they’re going to replace and change my gear ratios (front/back) or build me another truck. What do you guys think will happen?

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
ya slaes dont do there job bring it back tell them its not what you were told and now put a 2.92 in it or you well tell chanel 3 tv to tell the storys on t.v. ! ya I got same thing years back stuck with it ! but if says 3.55 on sticker they dodge did there build up wrong ! time to fix it ! they fault you can file a clame on bbb too but money on price was lowered on mine then put a 2.92 in my didnt see .5 gal less on mileage too !

OP
OP
Nbachorn

Nbachorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted black on black as well but not the metallic black they offer on reg cabs, it's just not the same lol

Black on white still isn't half bad though!f33f53c45fe31fbfc4c1f87b9dab897c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
Yea I got a lot of compliments during the 48hrs I had it... So fresh n so clean