My dodge cranks but won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RosieNorton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 L Hemi we squirted It Off to wash the engine and now it won't start tried a lot of things like checking the ECM unit there was oil in the top clip and the bottom one but not the two little ones so we cleaned it out and hooked it back up and it's still not working I changed all the spark plugs as well and wires still not working what should I do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Since you got it wet, the first thing I would do is check to see if the ASD Relay is being energized when you turn the key to the run position.

Have you verified that you have spark from the ignition coils? Remove a plug wire and stick a screwdriver in the plug boot and have an assistant crank the engine to see if you have spark.

Also, verify fuel pressure at the rail. There is a fuel pressure test port on the right fuel rail where a manual gauge can be attached.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
As stated a quick ASD check would be turn ignition on and have someone listen at the gas filler tube for the fuel pump. It should run for around 5 seconds each time the ignition is cycled.