My first Ram - former Toyota guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After owning several Toyota trucks, 5 in all, I’ve left toy land and bought a Ram. First toy was a Tacoma from way back, then I went thru 2 T-100’s then later, 2 more Tacoma’s. All great trucks for the money. I finally decided to buy a full size truck and Tundra is no longer available with a v8 and the bed is aluminum frame with a composite box. Not for me.

I drove a 96 3500 Ram van for work 163,000 miles without a failure. I never forgot it.

So i took the plunge and bought a 22 Ram 1500 with 5.7 hemi and Big Horn trim. Quad cab 6’4” bed.

I’ll be adding about 6k$ in accessories so I’ll post those pics over the next few weeks as i assemble everything.

Meanwhile, the gas mileage but, the power so…….. I’m wondering if a K&N cold air kit would help? And maybe a tuner chip? A chip geared toward mpg. Thoughts ?

Attachments

• 160ED1FB-7F6D-46F6-B6F1-158D0AAEA35D.jpeg
    160ED1FB-7F6D-46F6-B6F1-158D0AAEA35D.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 8

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After owning several Toyota trucks, 5 in all, I’ve left toy land and bought a Ram. First toy was a Tacoma from way back, then I went thru 2 T-100’s then later, 2 more Tacoma’s. All great trucks for the money. I finally decided to buy a full size truck and Tundra is no longer available with a v8 and the bed is aluminum frame with a composite box. Not for me.

I drove a 96 3500 Ram van for work 163,000 miles without a failure. I never forgot it.

So i took the plunge and bought a 22 Ram 1500 with 5.7 hemi and Big Horn trim. Quad cab 6’4” bed.

I’ll be adding about 6k$ in accessories so I’ll post those pics over the next few weeks as i assemble everything.

Meanwhile, the gas mileage but, the power so…….. I’m wondering if a K&N cold air kit would help? And maybe a tuner chip? A chip geared toward mpg. Thoughts ?

Glad to see another convert! As far as CAI goes, the stock intake is pretty good. I would recommend the S&B id you are going to upgrade. A pedal commander also woke my 5.7 up quite a bit.