My first Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning everyone.

I’m 62 and my first Ram. I just purchased a 2017 Rebel with the 5.7 Hemi.

I love the truck with one exception, gas mileage. I lost about 4 to 5 mpg compared to my 2019 GMC.

I just upgraded to a 2018 8.5 Uconnect to get Apple Car. Just a heads up I simply got the radio, console tray with media hub and the cable from the hub to the main cable. No adapter, no rewire.

I’m looking forward to learning more about my truck and different mods.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does it have factory size tires on it ? Maybe someone upsized ,which would give inaccurate speed readings. I did not buy a hemi expecting great mileage either , if you put a piece of 1x4 pine board under the fuel pedal mileage will increase.

OP
OP
G

GaryDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The original tires were on it. I did change to some BFG all terrain KO2’s but still original size.

Of course it has more HP and torque plus the rear end is a lower gear than the GMC.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome.gifto Ram Forum, GaryDS.

I know my KO2s hurt the mileage a wee bit more than my summer Michelin Defenders but not 4 or 5 MPG, AFAIK.

You can review the rpm (revolutions per mile) @60mpg or your preferred rate of travel on the manufacturer's websites for BFG & old tires to confirm if you're close to the OEM tire diameter.

There's sometimes a bit of a difference between the manufactured sizing across different companies.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/tires/all-terrain-t-a-ko2?tyreSize=17