My first Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,
I recently moved overseas to Hawaii, and my hunt for a vehicle ended with my purchase of a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn. It's a 2WD model, with a 5.7L hemi, and the 8 speed transmission that has a turn-dial shift selector.
I'm overall very pleased with it. There are small little dings and scratches here and there as it was blatantly somebody's work truck.
I have been sifting through the threads on this site for about a week now, and thought I would go ahead and introduce myself.

-Bryan

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
@Gator Whiskers , GREAT name by the way. Welcome to the forum! There are SOO many questions and concerns answered here if you have the patience and time to search for them, and if something simply isn't lining up to you, so many people will address your questions and reply with their own first hand experience. It's definitely a good resource, but you have to be willing to do a little research along the way, and of course be intelligent about how people's advice relates to your specific situation at the time.

Anyway, welcome aboard. I hope Hawaii gives you plenty of opportunities to use your new Ram. I visited O'ahu for the first time last summer and had a great time, and hope to go back some day with my family. Take care!

OP
OP
Gator Whiskers
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Gator Whiskers , GREAT name by the way. Welcome to the forum! There are SOO many questions and concerns answered here if you have the patience and time to search for them, and if something simply isn't lining up to you, so many people will address your questions and reply with their own first hand experience. It's definitely a good resource, but you have to be willing to do a little research along the way, and of course be intelligent about how people's advice relates to your specific situation at the time.

Anyway, welcome aboard. I hope Hawaii gives you plenty of opportunities to use your new Ram. I visited O'ahu for the first time last summer and had a great time, and hope to go back some day with my family. Take care!
Thanks for the welcome! I stumbled across this forum by happenstance, google-ing some weird noises my truck was making. I am going to keep rummaging through the threads on here for answers before I add ANOTHER "hemi noises" post.
More info with pics and vids to follow (if it becomes necessary)

-Bryan

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
welcome to the RAM world! hope toy enjoy your truck!
just remember take things with a grain of salt !

Roper46

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 CTD
Welcome from south Georgia and congrats on your Ram.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I gotta ask, where did you get the "gator" screen name, living in HI? Down here in the swamps it would make perfect sense, but in HI? lol

OP
OP
Gator Whiskers
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I gotta ask, where did you get the "gator" screen name, living in HI? Down here in the swamps it would make perfect sense, but in HI? lol
Haha, I recently moved to HI for a military assignment. I'm not from Florida though. Or a Gators fan lol. It's a very long basic training story