My Hemi eats 02 sensors with tune.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently installed a performance tune to my 04 Hemi and been replacing 02 sensors ever sinse.
The truck runs very well with the tune until the P0420 code.....replaced the bank 1 upstream, clear code , truck runs great for couple weeks.....BAM!! P0420 again for downstream sensor.....replace, truck runs great.

So today threw same code so decided to remove tune and truck runs great without 420 code and without replacing another 02 sensor.....gotta be the tune messing with air/fuel mix and the 02's don't like it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wbo's tune you using?

Diro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently installed a performance tune to my 04 Hemi and been replacing 02 sensors ever sinse.
The truck runs very well with the tune until the P0420 code.....replaced the bank 1 upstream, clear code , truck runs great for couple weeks.....BAM!! P0420 again for downstream sensor.....replace, truck runs great.

So today threw same code so decided to remove tune and truck runs great without 420 code and without replacing another 02 sensor.....gotta be the tune messing with air/fuel mix and the 02's don't like it.

If you still have the catalytic converters in your truck you need to replace the bank 1 cat which is the driver side cat. When that code comes on 90% of the time is a bad cat. Even if you have a tune the 02 upstream and downstream are still reading the flow through the ceramic inside the cat. The code comes back on because in time your driving it does a drive cycle and it can’t clear the monitor for the cat. P0420 is “catalyst system efficiency below threshold “
That’s the only thing that make sense to me

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

OP
OP
Marley

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good thing I like tinkering in the garage......these 3rd gens keep me busy.
I replaced the remaining 02's so the driver's side cat is next followed by a re-gear. Lol