My Jay Greene Cam job is.. uggh, done

Kilo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was just thinking that some of these guys doing email tunes could be getting away with murder. If you know enough about custom tuning to decipher what has gone into one you probably don’t need to have someone else write a tune for you.

It really becomes difficult to gauge how good a tune is when you have aftermarket parts that require a tune to function correctly. I had to get a custom tune for my cam. I will say that I was impressed with the end result. But how much of it was the cam and how much was the custom tune? It seems that aside from purchasing multiple tunes from different sources there’s really no way of telling how good a tune is.

I feel that it’s important to note that the tuner(or toona) I use has quickly responded to every question and data log I’ve sent in. Even when dealing with health issues I was notified of the situation and still got a quick response. Pricing is very reasonable, and from what I can tell with my limited experience the tunes are doing what they are supposed to.

I keep the comparison simple, my trucks not as fast as my streetbike, but its a shitload faster than before it was camed/tuned.

Hopefully the guys with bad business practice get weeded out and good customers get hooked up with good tuners.

And we all live happily ever after

PartTimeHero

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014/ 2004
Engine
Hemi 5.7 x 2
As someone about to take on a cam and lifter swap/upgrade I am glad I found this before I wasted my energy and money.

OP
OP
Olkutty

Olkutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As someone about to take on a cam and lifter swap/upgrade I am glad I found this before I wasted my energy and money.
And just it’s known, weeks later, and he still hasn’t tried to remedy the situation at all. I’m glad I could help at least one person steer clear. Go local. There has to be a shop nearby you that tunes/works on high performance cars. Even if it’s an hour or more away. Good luck!

DubStak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This was an interesting read. I have a 2011 Ram 1500 with bolt on upgrades.

1. A proper CAI that utilizes the factory box location with a bigger filter and intake pipe. It also seals itself against the hood to keep the engine heat out.
2. Throttle body spacer (more air volume)
3. Stainless steel headers with an internal coating to reduce heat.
4. Custom flow thru exhuast system.
5. Generic throttle enhancer programed to sport mode (they all do the same thing)
6. All season performance tires.
7.Diablosport 87 octane canned tune.

This Thang runs great on Amsoil fluids. It's a daily driver with upgraded charging system and custom sound system. The bed is full of junk n stuff. It chirps the tires at times. I built this to enjoy driving it. It actually improved on highway mileage. I don't care about city mpg. I'm never gonna track race it so this tune works well.

Eventually I'm gonna delete the clutch fan and install the v6 electric fan to free up more hp. But I love this Ram. I got the last year with the floor shifter and console. Whenever gas prices go down I'll load up the 93 octane tune. I'm happy with what I got. It serves it's purpose.

Last edited: