My Jay Greene Cam job is.. uggh, done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I definitely agree with you - Given all of the accolades and recommendations I got for this guy before contacting him, I was eager to go with him and would have gladly paid for his time/efforts had he shown any.......At this point with NO parts after 6 weeks and even LESS responses to my numerous attempts to contact him via email , instagram, and Facebook for a simple order update (even hit up his wife yesterday after finding her FB account from your Bad Review **I literally rolled on the floor with your Fanboy comment**) I am now proceeding with a Paypal dispute to get my money back.

Such a shame as I am now back at ground zero to find a cam kit and Diablo tuner - Have had ZERO luck finding a tuner in California

And all this guy had to do was put an away message on his business email saying he was sick/temporarily unavailable and I would still be patiently waiting.

I dont care if your the holy grail of king sh*t, if you cant even figure out that basic amount of business relationship courtesy, Im not your customer.
IMHO, their is no Customer Service anymore or any QC. All PPL care about is getting paid wateva they can and show no remorse to their attitudes. Since I live in a small town, dat is not received well. Does not take long for PPL to learn of a jackwagon at a place and all of a sudden their business may take a drop. PPL learn real quick. WHY IMHO always best to live in a small town/rural environment.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the only thing Im happy with in this transaction is that he used Paypal to invoice me, so Ive now disputed and escalated the transaction as a claim with them - Ill now have to wait 2 more weeks for them to attempt to contact him - Im guessing he will ACTUALLY respond to them although maybe Im just optimistic.

Ive worked in one form or another in the online marketplace for over 20 years - good customer service is not hard to achieve - it really boils down to basic communications.

Any of these guys that start doing business and have limited success need to remember how they got there.

If they cant perform basic business relationship practices, then maybe being na entrepreneur isnt for them. Just like all guys shouldnt be welders.........
I could not weld if I wanted to. My Wife, RIP, called me a wood butcher due to my inability to cut a straight line with any tool, roflmao. Maybe why I's a BOIRD.

army turk1.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
the only thing Im happy with in this transaction is that he used Paypal to invoice me, so Ive now disputed and escalated the transaction as a claim with them - Ill now have to wait 2 more weeks for them to attempt to contact him - Im guessing he will ACTUALLY respond to them although maybe Im just optimistic.

Ive worked in one form or another in the online marketplace for over 20 years - good customer service is not hard to achieve - it really boils down to basic communications.

Any of these guys that start doing business and have limited success need to remember how they got there.

If they cant perform basic business relationship practices, then maybe being na entrepreneur isnt for them. Just like all guys shouldnt be welders.........
This is why most of these guys really don't have an official website and just work off of Facebook, they don't understand what it takes to run a business ..... a lot goes into running a business and those who use paypal have a security blanket, being able to dispute it without any major consequences is a win win for them if you think about it

Even if he doesn't respond, paypal will refund your money and then have their legal department handle the rest with him ... and all he will get is a warning lol ....some BS

OP
OP
Olkutty

Olkutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Generally when selling a product , information comes along with it,
But now that I think about it, that’s not always the case
I find most just want free info from me
Yeah.. I’m the rare person who tips people when they are doing a job at my house, 2 days in, because they’re doing great work. They then, don’t show up for 3 weeks , without a single phone call or text to let me know they are swamped, sick, dead.. Whatever. That’s exactly what I’m dealing with right now on a home improvement project. I’m just done with people.. The guys told me “I wish everyone was like you”.. The reason they aren’t, is because of contractors like him. And Mr Greene falls into that category for me. I’m officially like everyone else from this point on.

Once I bought the parts, I knew I would have a lot of questions regarding the tuning process. That portion was all on me. Clueless. So, I showed him how much I value his time, by paying for it. Never again.

OP
OP
Olkutty

Olkutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the record, Jay did message me after someone told him I left a negative review. He blamed the lack of communication on Covid.. He said he looked over my idle logs. I basically told him I didn’t care, and the whole process with him was painful..

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
For the record, Jay did message me after someone told him I left a negative review. He blamed the lack of communication on Covid.. He said he looked over my idle logs. I basically told him I didn’t care, and the whole process with him was painful..
He's been sick with Covid for as long as I can remember lol ....

OP
OP
Olkutty

Olkutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
(even hit up his wife yesterday after finding her FB account from your Bad Review **I literally rolled on the floor with your Fanboy comment**)
Yeah.. Screw that guy. He’s clearly tugging Jays nuts. He was trying desperately to defend him. Pfft…

For what it’s worth, I’ve read a lot of good things about Moe’s performance in Texas also..

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just a heads up for you newbee's,all you get out of alot of tuners these days are a generic tune.You have to be "somebody" in the drag racing world,and facebook , before you get any kind of attention,or a specialized tune geared strictly to your truck.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Just a heads up for you newbee's,all you get out of alot of tuners these days are a generic tune.You have to be "somebody" in the drag racing world,and facebook , before you get any kind of attention,or a specialized tune geared strictly to your truck.
Exactly lol ... one reason I am in no hurry to get one for my truck lol ....

Can't trust anyone anymore,

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Exactly lol ... one reason I am in no hurry to get one for my truck lol ....

Can't trust anyone anymore,
Most guys who swear by their email tuner,have nothing to compare his tune to,so they're assuming they got a tune specific to their truck,which is about as far from the truth as you can get.Unless that tuner is sitting in your pass seat with a laptop on his or hers lap,you're just getting a generic tune.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was lucky many years ago after I contacted a well know vendor on this site to buy some performance parts. I learned to trust him, also saw the success he had at the track and I also went to his place of business and saw his operation. I asked him for a couple of recommendations for people he trusted to do work on Ram trucks and the recommendations worked out above my expectations(this was before he started to work on our truck and install what he sold). I also asked him who he used for his tuning and he recommended an e-mail tuner. I talked to the tuner on the phone, got a good impression of him and hired him to do my tuning. About 8-9 years later I still have the same tuner and am extremely happy with the results. A few years ago he was at the Baytown track and he did, in fact, sit in my truck and check out the tune and he told me that everything was OK. I guess the moral of this long story is to find someone you trust, then based on your relationship and the reputation of the vendor give them a try. There is nothing foolproof, we all can be fooled or things can go sideways but I guess that's true in all the business relationships we enter into. On many occasions, I have been accused of being a "fanboy" because I recommend vendors that I have personally had very good luck with. I try to give credit where credit is due and I'll be the first to yell foul if things go sideways.
Jay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Most guys who swear by their email tuner,have nothing to compare his tune to,so they're assuming they got a tune specific to their truck,which is about as far from the truth as you can get.Unless that tuner is sitting in your pass seat with a laptop on his or hers lap,you're just getting a generic tune.
The Master Tech we had at Big O Tires knew what he was doing and tuned Rams every single day, he had a 2004 HEMI and he showed me how to tune the shift points on HEMIs back then.. nothing to complicated really ...

The fuel economy tuning is a bit more complicated and I think that is where they are all just copying each others tunes and just making a few changes up and down not understanding the effects it has on the sensor banks .... they don't understand the meaning of running to rich thus causing the hard shifts when letting of the gas ... they don't level things out and spend time on anything themselves like you said not being there inside the truck with their laptops and actually making runs themselves ...

So many things are going to affect the 02 sensor and air flows and the STOICH .... I have seen some tables with the STOICH set as high as 20 and as low as 3 ...WTF !!! ...14.7 is perfect AFR for these trucks from my understanding lol ...

Anyways ... I want to get into tuning myself but don't feel like spending the money right now on software and an unlocked PCM just to mess around with it ... I don't have the time to do so and if I start messing with it I will start tweeking on it like a methhead lol ...

But as soon as my trucks warranty is done I am going to start messing with this truck more ... I knew how to tune Hondas and Acuras but that was years and years ago ... these HEMIs are similar but still different having the 8 speed tranies ....

But yes, these guys are selling canned tunes and copycats off each other and calling them their own, just like in the detail industry where white labeling is becoming the thing right now, everyone is finding a blending company to make a few changes on detail products that are already proven and all they do is change the color and or smell and slap a white label on them and call it their own product lol .... same thing with these tuners ...

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Some guys think diablo Canned tunes are good. :dogpile: and swear the CAI they spent 500$ on actually does something.

At least with HP Tuner you can compare the tunes after revision.

I just got the daughter a chevy sonic. Lucky for me that ECU isnt locked and tons of free tunes on the HP Tuner website... This should be fun... lol...

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was lucky many years ago after I contacted a well know vendor on this site to buy some performance parts. I learned to trust him, also saw the success he had at the track and I also went to his place of business and saw his operation. I asked him for a couple of recommendations for people he trusted to do work on Ram trucks and the recommendations worked out above my expectations(this was before he started to work on our truck and install what he sold). I also asked him who he used for his tuning and he recommended an e-mail tuner. I talked to the tuner on the phone, got a good impression of him and hired him to do my tuning. About 8-9 years later I still have the same tuner and am extremely happy with the results. A few years ago he was at the Baytown track and he did, in fact, sit in my truck and check out the tune and he told me that everything was OK. I guess the moral of this long story is to find someone you trust, then based on your relationship and the reputation of the vendor give them a try. There is nothing foolproof, we all can be fooled or things can go sideways but I guess that's true in all the business relationships we enter into. On many occasions, I have been accused of being a "fanboy" because I recommend vendors that I have personally had very good luck with. I try to give credit where credit is due and I'll be the first to yell foul if things go sideways.
Jay
PULLYA: Glad to see you on the thread. Hope all is well in the "PULLYA" Universe.

DA BOIRD

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Some guys think diablo Canned tunes are good. :dogpile: and swear the CAI they spent 500$ on actually does something.

At least with HP Tuner you can compare the tunes after revision.
In some instances the canned tune is actually as good or better,lol. Years ago i got talked into trying out one of the big name email tuners. He sent me a tune,and on back to back passes at the track the canned 93 Diablo was a full tenth quicker then his custom email tune. The guy who talked me into it swore by the guys tuning and couldn't believe the email tune was slower,so we switched his truck back to a canned 93 Diablo tune,and his truck also picked up a tenth.Several years and mods later i gave him another shot at my truck,7 revisions later,he wasn't even close to my local tuner,my truck was a full 1/2 second slower with his email tune,compared to my local tuners tune. This email tuner still has a loyal fanboy following,but unless you're a big name,you're only getting a generic tune from him.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that a canned tune or canned tuna? LOL... :anitoof::33:

(My RAM has a canned tune, straight from factory. Get in, push button, Vroom, and away we go. (Jackie Gleason ref there).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
In some instances the canned tune is actually as good or better,lol. Years ago i got talked into trying out one of the big name email tuners. He sent me a tune,and on back to back passes at the track the canned 93 Diablo was a full tenth quicker then his custom email tune. The guy who talked me into it swore by the guys tuning and couldn't believe the email tune was slower,so we switched his truck back to a canned 93 Diablo tune,and his truck also picked up a tenth.Several years and mods later i gave him another shot at my truck,7 revisions later,he wasn't even close to my local tuner,my truck was a full 1/2 second slower with his email tune,compared to my local tuners tune. This email tuner still has a loyal fanboy following,but unless you're a big name,you're only getting a generic tune from him.
Ah yeah, the good ole' favoritism .... but very true ... I tried contacting Jay Green one time and he never answered me back, had a guy from work hit him up who is pretty damn popular on instagram and he got a response within 30 minutes lol ... I was like wtf! He had already been doing business with him for his srt charger lol ... I was so pissed off ahaha

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
If you're burnt out, quit. Hate your job, quit. Lost your vision, find another. I get sick of hearing the same old story line about some piece of s h i z i t that's "burnt out" (boo f&^%ing hoo) who treats people...paying customers...like crap. They're burnt out...But have no other job skills except frying burgers at McDonalds....So this gives them reason to crap all over people who only expect a fair product/service for their hard earned money? Lots of these clowns out there....may they all go bankrupt and let those who truly enjoy what they do, do well.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
If you're burnt out, quit. Hate your job, quit. Lost your vision, find another. I get sick of hearing the same old story line about some piece of s h i z i t that's "burnt out" (boo f&^%ing hoo) who treats people...paying customers...like crap. They're burnt out...But have no other job skills except frying burgers at McDonalds....So this gives them reason to crap all over people who only expect a fair product/service for their hard earned money? Lots of these clowns out there....may they all go bankrupt and let those who truly enjoy what they do, do well.
That's what I am saying .... but Karma is a bizatch .... what goes around comes around ...