My local dealer wants to trade me out of my 2019 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Don't really want a new truck, but they are throwing some really good numbers out there. I can walk away in trade for what I paid for it. However, not sure I really need a diesel, and even though they priced the diesel well, I don't really want to come up with the $10K difference. These dealers are really scrambling for good used trucks!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Don't really want a new truck, but they are throwing some really good numbers out there. I can walk away in trade for what I paid for it. However, not sure I really need a diesel, and even though they priced the diesel well, I don't really want to come up with the $10K difference. These dealers are really scrambling for good used trucks!
Do you want a new truck and is $10k something you want to part with? If so, go for it. Good luck however you decide.

OP
OP
Firebird

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Do you want a new truck and is $10k something you want to part with? If so, go for it. Good luck however you decide.
Not really looking for a new truck, and honestly, don't really need a diesel any more. The Cummins would obviously be nice pulling the camper, but $10K nice? Probably not. If I lived out west and pulled the Rockies regularly, I would probably jump.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I asked myself one question when I was in your shoes...Am I happy with the truck I have now? If you are happy with it then keep it. Unless you're unhappy with your current truck, it doesn't make sense to get extra for your trade, only to then turn around and spend more for a new truck. There was a small window where you could get a lot for your trade, and still find good deals on a new one. But that window has more or less slammed shut.

OP
OP
Firebird

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I asked myself one question when I was in your shoes...Am I happy with the truck I have now? If you are happy with it then keep it. Unless you're unhappy with your current truck, it doesn't make sense to get extra for your trade, only to then turn around and spend more for a new truck. There was a small window where you could get a lot for your trade, and still find good deals on a new one. But that window has more or less slammed shut.
Good advice, I'm actually quite happy with my current truck.

WoodGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far (23k miles) this has been the nicest and best truck I've owned. Mine is a work truck, but it does everything as well or better than my old 06 Powerstroke did, and gets better MPG to boot. Dont miss diesel one bit, not even when pulling a HD deck-over trailer with a Bobcat

OP
OP
Firebird

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
also, if the diesel is a 2500, your payload will be 1000 lbs lower. If you are happy with the Hemi, I would stick with it.

Good luck!
Yes, it was a solid 1000 pounds less, I checked

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks for the advice, Yes I've been looking around for a Limited with all the bells and whistles, Its going to cost me around $15,000, I've had my truck for almost 2 yrs. In excellent condition and hasn't been to the dealer as of yet, I'm going to keep what I got and when the door slammed shut, I make sure I didn't have any protruding parts that I didn't need!!!!

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could be trading a gem for a lemon. If it ain't broke, nuff said.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I got similar offers. Told the dealers they'll need to come down to below gasser price on that diesel and provide mopar max care out to 125k miles for 8 years.

Modern diesels have the power, but damn if they don't break down a lot more. And it's always a $2000+ repair out of warranty. General maintenance is considerably higher as well.

No thanks. They want me in a diesel they'll have to make it worth it to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956