My morimoto lights came in today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After looking for aftermarket lights over there years, I always saw other brands that were cheaper than Morimoto so it held me off from buying some lights for awhile as I didn't want to spend much on some lights.

I finally bit the bullet, if anyone knows the saying "You get what you pay for", I figured I should go with morimoto for reasons like their amazing warranty, quality and because they've been in the lighting industry for so long. Instead of myself getting a new truck after what I've put into it already, I thought that this is something I'll have for years down the road so why not transform it instead?

I picked up some amber XB LED headlights, smoked XB LED taillights and their XB projector fog lights! Which came in today after placing my order 5 days ago. Unfortunately I could only install my headlights for now though as it started to rain and I don't have a garage, but hopefully tomorrow the weather is better to complete the rest.

Headlights, taillights and fog lights finally installed!

There a reason you went amber drls? Wouldn’t the sequential pop more with the white?

OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
That's the downfall really, but the signal light is brighter than the amber DRL at least. I just always liked the look of amber DRL's, but I still thought about that same reason for so long lol :/.

Here's some more pictures!

Attachments

• 20220505_202628.jpg
    20220505_202628.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220505_202612.jpg
    20220505_202612.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220505_202604.jpg
    20220505_202604.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 27

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There a reason you went amber drls? Wouldn’t the sequential pop more with the white?
I'm actually digging amber DRLs, see them on quite a few Kias lately, really gets your attention in the rearview. In pictures at least, these also seem very bright which is nice.

I have switchbacks though because changing from white to a sequential amber is more attention grabbing IMO than a constant on amber with a sequential amber strip. Still works, but for Houston driver's I figure every little bit to grab their attention helps!

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm actually digging amber DRLs, see them on quite a few Kias lately, really gets your attention in the rearview. In pictures at least, these also seem very bright which is nice.

I have switchbacks though because changing from white to a sequential amber is more attention grabbing IMO than a constant on amber with a sequential amber strip. Still works, but for Houston driver's I figure every little bit to grab their attention helps!
True just think the sequential would get lost a little with the amber

Coastie89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been looking at the XB LED with the White DRLs. Any issues requiring to have computer reflashed due the the new LEDs? I’ve hard the parking light on dash comes on. I have a 2016 2500 Laramie with projectors now. I’ve use the AlfaObd to adjust my tire pressure threshold, but wouldn’t know how to flash for the headlights.

OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
I’ve been looking at the XB LED with the White DRLs. Any issues requiring to have computer reflashed due the the new LEDs? I’ve hard the parking light on dash comes on. I have a 2016 2500 Laramie with projectors now. I’ve use the AlfaObd to adjust my tire pressure threshold, but wouldn’t know how to flash for the headlights.

By the way those headlights look awesome
I'm pretty the hyperflash has been fixed awhile ago for these headlights, because yours already comes with projectors you won't have to install the harness like I had to for my truck. Thanks as well! You'll love them, wish I had a Laramie myself :p

ontariokeener

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put a set of these in a Canadian 2014 Ram1500 Sport yesterday. Everything works great EXCEPT I don't have DRLs. Still need to do some more digging but I've been back in and confirmed all wiring is correct including the DRL pigtail is hooked up. Mine are the white DRLs though.

OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Sorry for the late response I've just been busy, I assume you've figured it out by now but if you haven't or for everyone else's sake that may run into this problem this is what I followed:

https://youtu.be/evSvEao_eP8 Just need to enable DRL by using this programmer called OBDlink that plugs in right under your steering wheel along with an app called "ALFAOBD". Follow the video exactly as he does it, because you'll see an option for Canadian DRL which might work if selected but I went with what the guy did.

Unfortunately OBDlink will cost you about $180 off Amazon and the app is like a few bucks, but you could reprogram your truck and return it if you really want to. Sadly mine was stolen when I had my doors unlocked one night... Unless you know someone with a device that can do it free.