My old girl.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
The OEM tail lights were the standard, single incandescent bulb lights that you could barely tell were on in any sun light. I replaced those with LED Bargman tail lights. I just made sure which wires were what and connected the LED tails up. Ran a good size bead of clear silicon around the edge and then mounted them up with the 6 self tapping screws. Used a little ore clear silicon around the edge to fill any of the gaps between the light housing and the camper skin. I had to get the license plate mount too. I just tapped off the running light wire to get the plate lamp to light up.

It's 2015 Keystone Hideout 260LHS. It needed some TLC here and there.

Yeah, the previous owners of my house was a truck driver and they had a RV. They had a 30A service put in outside for it. Worked out well for us! Looking to get D rated trailer tires for it. I bought some black center caps for the rims and chrome trim rings to dress up the outside a bit, and to keep the lugs a bit more protected.

Man, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

View attachment 143183

No worries man I love talking about campers. I love this stuff! Nice looking rig! Looks well ,maintained and clean! The led light install looks good too. Yeah the regular bulbs are not worth much that's for sure. I prefer aluminum skin personally no worries about delamination but everyone is different.

Some folks swear and cuss using silicone on RVs but I've never had an issue. You have use the best quality 100% silicone. Yeah some works loose over time but all call will, even the grovel proflex I keep hearing good things about. Campers take maintenance period or they go to crap quickly. I will only use dicor on the roof however. Any of the other roof sealants at Lowe's I've tried don't last long and loose adhesion.

If anyone else has some pics of their rigs hitched up let's see em!

Have a good Wednesday guys.....

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
What's the best stuff to use to get rid of the black streaks. I was using a spray wax that seemed to do the job, but it took a while to get it done.
Man thats tough! The black streak remover from Wal-Mart is good but strips wax. I use that stuff in the spring before I was to get as much off as possible.

Last edited: