My quad projector retrofit

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just to let you know, the Anzo’s are complete trash. Same quality and junk as the Spec-D, Recon, Spyder, all of them are the lowest quality parts and the projectors in them are some of the worst on the market.

Only decent aftermarket brand is AlphaRex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that what you've been told or is that your personal experience? Maybe you didn't install them correctly? Maybe you got some defective returns?
I installed mine and absolutely love them! Great illumination, perfect fit, excellent quality, couldn't be happier.
As far as the Spec-D's, mine came with them and I never had a single issue at all with them either, just got tired of the chrome liners?
But, I do my own R&D on my own, I don't put a lot of faith in things I read on-line.

Last edited:

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are those extremely small amber led strips on the clear reflector? I am very interested in what is going on over there as I’ve never seen that before but I’ve thought of doing that.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, strips, orange 2835 1200 Leds by roll of 5 meters. Really bright. I bought it in aliexpress.

OnSale

RCSB Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Is that what you've been told or is that your personal experience? Maybe you didn't install them correctly? Maybe you got some defective returns?
I installed mine and absolutely love them! Great illumination, perfect fit, excellent quality, couldn't be happier.
As far as the Spec-D's, mine came with them and I never had a single issue at all with them either, just got tired of the chrome liners?
But, I do my own R&D on my own, I don't put a lot of faith in things I read on-line.

Lol... I’ve built hundreds of sets of headlights, I’ve tested almost every aftermarket option for the 4th Gen Rams, I’ve built retrofits for members on here... so yes, I do know what I am talking about and you THINK the Anzo’s have “great illumination” and are “excellent quality” because you are coming from Spec-D lights. When in reality your Anzo lights are putting out less light then the OEM housings, but your response will be “it’s brighter”, no it’s not. It’s been tested over and over, those cheap H7 projectors used in all of the aftermarket projectors will scatter the light up into the trees, off onto the side of the road and down in front of your bumper. You may think it looks brighter, but if you tested it with a Lux meter (if you even know what that is) you would see how bad it really is.

OnSale

RCSB Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry for the delay. Yes, strips, orange 2835 1200 Leds by roll of 5 meters. Really bright. I bought it in aliexpress.

Thats really cool. Can you post some pictures of the corner marker with the front lens off with the led strips turned off, turned on, and then the same pics but with the outer front lens on?

Ive built a ton of lights and ive always looked at the grooves in the corner markers of the quads and thought how cool it would look with small tiny led strips that grew in size along with the indents in the reflector. So i would love to see more detailed pics from someone who did it.

Props to going outside the box and doing something nobody else is doing. Thats the type of stuff that sets retrofits apart from the rest which all look the same.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats really cool. Can you post some pictures of the corner marker with the front lens off with the led strips turned off, turned on, and then the same pics but with the outer front lens on?

Ive built a ton of lights and ive always looked at the grooves in the corner markers of the quads and thought how cool it would look with small tiny led strips that grew in size along with the indents in the reflector. So i would love to see more detailed pics from someone who did it.

Props to going outside the box and doing something nobody else is doing. Thats the type of stuff that sets retrofits apart from the rest which all look the same.
Let me see what I have. I make this headlamps while back.
You must be registered for see images attach

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I upload some videos.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OnSale

RCSB Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I upload some videos.

Wow i love that you did stuff nobody else is doing. One thing that would have been really cool is if you used a 3-step sequential box and the turn signals start with the top strip and went down 1-2-3 for each turn signal blink. You can buy generic 3-step sequential boxes off amazon for like $10-$15. But even without that, they look awesome. I also like the RGB strip you ran down the side. Ive done a ton of builds and i've done a ton of custom one-off stuff but i haven't gotten around to doing what you did to the corner markers, maybe ill have to come up with something different now since its already been done

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow i love that you did stuff nobody else is doing. One thing that would have been really cool is if you used a 3-step sequential box and the turn signals start with the top strip and went down 1-2-3 for each turn signal blink. You can buy generic 3-step sequential boxes off amazon for like $10-$15. But even without that, they look awesome. I also like the RGB strip you ran down the side. Ive done a ton of builds and i've done a ton of custom one-off stuff but i haven't gotten around to doing what you did to the corner markers, maybe ill have to come up with something different now since its already been done
Thanks...

I always try to do something different. I dont use the sequencer for the strips because I want that the lights do parking light also. This strips are really nice and bright. This is what I do for another headlamps. I make the shape of the corner reflector with diffuse plexiglass, like 4 layers to makes diffuse the lighting right. White and amber behind with a switch back circuit and RGBW on the edge. Them I covered with a metal black mesh.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is a little be difficult to get a good video. It look fantastic.

And I use a RGBW Led controller called Pixelblaze. Amazing effects...

OnSale

RCSB Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks...

I always try to do something different. I dont use the sequencer for the strips because I want that the lights do parking light also. This strips are really nice and bright. This is what I do for another headlamps. I make the shape of the corner reflector with diffuse plexiglass, like 4 layers to makes diffuse the lighting right. White and amber behind with a switch back circuit and RGBW on the edge. Them I covered with a metal black mesh.

Oh wow you're out here doing some hardcore custom fab... i dig it, i can relate. Keep up the cool stuff, i love coming across unique retrofits.