My quick review Morimoto XB headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattyd926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Here some night shots. It’s hard to get a good nights hot with my camera cause there so dam bright

562D4272-ACA3-466B-BCD2-793AF4D358D5.jpeg

112925AE-B4F2-4C18-AA08-D34A8EB4EE90.jpeg

317374F4-AC8E-4E53-9711-37C874C8B5F1.jpeg

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here some night shots. It’s hard to get a good nights hot with my camera cause there so dam bright

View attachment 164887

View attachment 164888

View attachment 164889
I have a 2017 ram 1500 with the morimotos but the lights act strangely
In gear in auto mode high beams come on in auto even during the day.
Parking break mode the same ..off position same lights on works ok..
I changed at the dealership the country code canada to usa still messed up..after about 15 minutes things go to normal but not at start up

Any one ever see this with the morimotos xb lights?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2017 ram 1500 with the morimotos but the lights act strangely
In gear in auto mode high beams come on in auto even during the day.
Parking break mode the same ..off position same lights on works ok..
I changed at the dealership the country code canada to usa still messed up..after about 15 minutes things go to normal but not at start up

Any one ever see this with the morimotos xb lights?

Is your truck originally a Canadian ram with quad headlights?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes it is

The dealer did not fully disable your DRLs. Changing the country code wouldn’t do it, you need to have the DRL sales code removed.

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer did not fully disable your DRLs. Changing the country code wouldn’t do it, you need to have the DRL sales code removed.
Ok can they do that? Would they even know what that is?
What sales code would that be?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok can they do that? Would they even know what that is?
What sales code would that be?

LMK is the sales code that needs to be removed. I doubt they would have that ability, as it’s a requirement for your truck. Best bet is to just get the AlfaOBD software and disable them yourself.

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LMK is the sales code that needs to be removed. I doubt they would have that ability, as it’s a requirement for your truck. Best bet is to just get the AlfaOBD software and disable them yourself.
Its sounds like I need a programmer for that. If so what do need to do this ?
Thx Jimmy

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Its sounds like I need a programmer for that. If so what do need to do this ?
Thx Jimmy

It’s just an app that can make changes to various modules via a Bluetooth interface that you plug into the OBD port- similar to what the dealer does. You need the AlfaOBD app from google play store for Android device, or windows software for laptop. Then you need an interface such as the OBD link MX Bluetooth. Everything you need to know is in the first post of this thread- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/
If you end up getting it, post back here and I’ll walk you through how to disable them.

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s just an app that can make changes to various modules via a Bluetooth interface that you plug into the OBD port- similar to what the dealer does. You need the AlfaOBD app from google play store for Android device, or windows software for laptop. Then you need an interface such as the OBD link MX Bluetooth. Everything you need to know is in the first post of this thread- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/
If you end up getting it, post back here and I’ll walk you through how to disable them.
Sweet thanks jimmy

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Hey jimmy there are a few different models of the alfaobd which one do you suggest ? Model number and name if you could please
I think you meant to ask which model of the OBDLink as there is only the Android and Windows version of AlfaOBD.
I would recommend the OBDLink MX+ or MX (Bluetooth). The only major difference you'll notice between then is the MX+ comes with Advance Diagnostics(there are none offfered for Ram) and it works with iOS (AlfaOBD is not offered on iOS).
The OBDLink LX is a cheaper Bluetooth only that doesn't have the faster comm bus capabilities of the MX+/MX

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey jimmy there are a few different models of the alfaobd which one do you suggest ? Model number and name if you could please

Like crash said. Here’s a link to the MX- https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mxbt/. I’m sure there are cheaper interfaces that work, but this one is by far the most common and known to work with every module on the truck.
In the google play store, you’ll need the AlfaOBD version that you pay for ($49 USD), not the free trial version.

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you meant to ask which model of the OBDLink as there is only the Android and Windows version of AlfaOBD.
I would recommend the OBDLink MX+ or MX (Bluetooth). The only major difference you'll notice between then is the MX+ comes with Advance Diagnostics(there are none offfered for Ram) and it works with iOS (AlfaOBD is not offered on iOS).
The OBDLink LX is a cheaper Bluetooth only that doesn't have the faster comm bus capabilities of the MX+/MX
There seems to be 3 different units.
It also says it comes with a free app , does that sound right? Not sure how I would get the app to the phone.
On playstore its 49 canadian

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There seems to be 3 different units.
It also says it comes with a free app , does that sound right? Not sure how I would get the app to the phone.
On playstore its 49 canadian

Don’t worry about the free app that comes with the Bluetooth unit, you’ll probably never use it since you’ll have the AlfaOBD. As a matter of fact, don’t even bother trying to update the device. Just take it out of the box, plug it into the OBD port, and connect the alfa app to it and you’re good to go.

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t worry about the free app that comes with the Bluetooth unit, you’ll probably never use it since you’ll have the AlfaOBD. As a matter of fact, don’t even bother trying to update the device. Just take it out of the box, plug it into the OBD port, and connect the alfa app to it and you’re good to go.
Just ordered it right now!
Do I still need to get the app from the store? Sorry about all the questions and its ****** ridiculous the money I spent on those lights and still spending to have them work properly

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just ordered it right now!
Do I still need to get the app from the store? Sorry about all the questions and its ****** ridiculous the money I spent on those lights and still spending to have them work properly

Yes, you have to use the AlfaOBD app specifically.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One of my projectors just randomly broke and I can’t get an answer from their support team. Which is unlike Morimoto. I’m going to have to call them Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One of my projectors just randomly broke and I can’t get an answer from their support team. Which is unlike Morimoto. I’m going to have to call them Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They helped me out ok called me back right away. At first morimoto was dumb founded at my problem, then mentioned about changing the country code. I did that but jimmy07 mentioned they didnt completely do the job. You would think the dealership might know more about their vehicles.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel