My quick review Morimoto XB headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They helped me out ok called me back right away. At first morimoto was dumb founded at my problem, then mentioned about changing the country code. I did that but jimmy07 mentioned they didnt completely do the job. You would think the dealership might know more about their vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Yeah but I’ve had problems with a housing before and I am on them when it comes to quality since they cost so much. It’s been about a month and I haven’t heard anything. It started with a shuttering high beam shield and now it’s gone to a full blown projector failure. I feel like they probably think I’m full of **** that I keep having problems, but I do. So I’m just going to have to call I guess and see if I can’t reason with them. I’m pretty shocked that they’re being this way over the quality of their own product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just downloaded the app just gotta wait for the unit. When I do get it hopefully this will fix my lights issue

Will I be able to use my galaxy phone or do i need a tablet like this one video I just watched?

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Projector broke how?? Not trying to pile on, and I really hope they get you situated properly but I am Hella glad (light pun) I decided to pass on these. I remember when you got them in the beginning of the year and I was still trying to talk myself into them. Barely 6 months later... Very curious to know what kind of failure... in the inquiring busy body sorta way. Be a good idea for you to sound the alarm so that if there is something other owners can keep an eye out for....

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Projector broke how?? Not trying to pile on, and I really hope they get you situated properly but I am Hella glad (light pun) I decided to pass on these. I remember when you got them in the beginning of the year and I was still trying to talk myself into them. Barely 6 months later... Very curious to know what kind of failure... in the inquiring busy body sorta way. Be a good idea for you to sound the alarm so that if there is something other owners can keep an eye out for....

Idk they had to replace my drivers side. Now the passenger side of the original set just failed. The quality of my replacement drivers side is far better than the original passenger side so I feel Iike it’s a fluke. But here’s a picture of how. one projector on the passenger side is perfectly even and level and the other passenger projector just aimed upwards like it broke off of what it was mounted to. Judging by the quality difference of my drivers side I feel like I will have no issues with a new passenger side. Seems like the longer you wait the better the quality they’ll be because they’ll correct issues. 8f2d00d5a3c8cf03536fdf2db65aa1f6.jpg

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep going back and forth on getting these vs just doing a retro on my projectors. The bezel in them is the last piece of chrome on my truck and is just giving me dirty looks. Wish they didn't have Daytime Running Lights though... not a huge fan. If the price to have them retro'd with HID projectors and painting the bezel/swapping out the corners for klearz was less it would be a no brainer.. but its more for it and these are plug and play brand new. DECISIONS............

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep going back and forth on getting these vs just doing a retro on my projectors. The bezel in them is the last piece of chrome on my truck and is just giving me dirty looks. Wish they didn't have Daytime Running Lights though... not a huge fan. If the price to have them retro'd with HID projectors and painting the bezel/swapping out the corners for klearz was less it would be a no brainer.. but its more for it and these are plug and play brand new. DECISIONS............

If you can swing it a retro fit is always a better option and the retroshop has some cool stuff. Built by hand and HIDs with a good aftermarket projector is always the best option. I will one day go that route. Maybe when my note is paid.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious what Jeremy thinks on the light output... @0212353 ... I think I'd love to send you my TYCs to retro but from a cost perspective with the morimotos floating around 1k now it might be cheaper to just go with those. How different are we talking about the output from these to a 35watt HID with an HID projector you would use?

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got these and installed them, I have a 2012 and I don't have a #66 spot on the fuse box and there is something in M 7 so not sure where you guys are putting them for the 09-12s?