My retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kicker226

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Tradesman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It make be because it was raining last night and everything was wet. I could see the blue on the exit signs probably 1/4 mile away. I also have a problem with blues, I didn't realize it was going to have a blue hue to it.

Or I could be making everything up in my head and the output really sucks. Either way I myself and happy with the outcome because I like the way the headlights look and that the retrofit worked. It was my first retrofit. In total I only spent $340 on everything. Which was cheaper than buying the other housings I was looking at. And then would have to buy the HIDs on top of the other cost. I was looking at racesports website. They want $250 without shipping for those LEDs.

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
From what I've seen with the led headlights,They are very picky about the housing.Ive seen them in some housings that are nice and bright,Then the same bulb setup in a different housing that was worse than stock.

Charles

OP
OP
K

kicker226

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Tradesman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
By all means it fills the projector nicely. The camera just doesn't do it justice. I might be moving to HIDs, but I've been hearing nightmare stories about them flickering and messing up the electrical system

OP
OP
K

kicker226

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Tradesman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll be ready to buy a kit when I get back from the beach next week. What all will I need? The bulbs, ballasts, and relay harness? do i need to buy the specific cn-bus relay as well or does the mopar relay harness have that built in?

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your looking for a spare set of headlights I have a set that I can make you a good deal on.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'll be ready to buy a kit when I get back from the beach next week. What all will I need? The bulbs, ballasts, and relay harness? do i need to buy the specific cn-bus relay as well or does the mopar relay harness have that built in?

You'll need the mopar specific harness. Its a canbus harness specifically designed for these trucks
I didnt realize there was a mopar specific one when I got my kit and had to send it back

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L

Here's a list of parts! This assumes that you have the quad lights in your truck.

Morimoto H1 Projectors - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MH1 - nab the Mini Gat shrouds (unless you feel like cutting on them!), butyl to reseal, and you will need the high beam splitters.

HID kit - https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=4G.13.HIDs - Select the "H1" option. For the harness, either will work - I've found that the canbus ones are damn solid, and much easier to work with than the full harness.

OP
OP
K

kicker226

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Tradesman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I already have the headlights retrofitted. With morimoto minis. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407939455.466201.jpg

So I would just need the hid kit?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
yeah! sorry, forgot you had the led setup before.

wait....you've got the duals......

That is a different setup. why'd ya have to go and put duals on your '13? LOL

You need this - 09-12 Dodge Ram HIDs - for "Dual" (H13) lights

H1 bulbs though.

And.........because its a '13.....gotta have resistors on the pass side too! Thanks Dodge. So..........basically need to wire in a 50w6ohm resistor on both the high and low circuits on the pass side.

It can be hardwired......or like this.....

3.png

but not 9007, you need H13 (which TRS doesn't make without it being a custom setup)

OP
OP
K

kicker226

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Tradesman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah! sorry, forgot you had the led setup before.

wait....you've got the duals......

That is a different setup. why'd ya have to go and put duals on your '13? LOL

You need this - 09-12 Dodge Ram HIDs - for "Dual" (H13) lights

H1 bulbs though.

And.........because its a '13.....gotta have resistors on the pass side too! Thanks Dodge. So..........basically need to wire in a 50w6ohm resistor on both the high and low circuits on the pass side.

It can be hardwired......or like this.....

3.png

but not 9007, you need H13 (which TRS doesn't make without it being a custom setup)

I just like the way they look. Would it be possible for me to just hardwire it in and use the 13+ harness? I have the shield wired in to drop as soon as I hit my high beams. The LEDs don't change intensity just the shield drops.

I just want to get the right kit, I can figure out how to wire them in, I just don't want any flickr or the electrical system to be messed up.

My LEDs are already hardwired in

EDIT: i just watched your videos on your website. I'm just going to order the 13+ for quads and I should be good. I understand how to wire everything.

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I just like the way they look. Would it be possible for me to just hardwire it in and use the 13+ harness? I have the shield wired in to drop as soon as I hit my high beams. The LEDs don't change intensity just the shield drops.

I just want to get the right kit, I can figure out how to wire them in, I just don't want any flickr or the electrical system to be messed up.

My LEDs are already hardwired in

EDIT: i just watched your videos on your website. I'm just going to order the 13+ for quads and I should be good. I understand how to wire everything.

You can.....just have to remember that the '13+ Quads are expecting a H11 connector.........but, eh, hard wired doesn't matter eh? :roflsquared:

In the end, you'll need resistors on all the low and high beam circuits. But, thats easy.

OP
OP
K

kicker226

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Tradesman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can.....just have to remember that the '13+ Quads are expecting a H11 connector.........but, eh, hard wired doesn't matter eh? :roflsquared:

In the end, you'll need resistors on all the low and high beam circuits. But, thats easy.

I still have the pigtails. I kept them just in case I put quads bsvk in. Will the resisters work that come with te kit or do I have to buy more?

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
you will need 4 total resistors.