My Wife says I have too many Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TRACY: Congrats and may U have 50 more years with her, U R fortunate....

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You must have had something to offer, stripers only liked me as long as the money was going into their G-string. lol
I was a bar tender in my younger days and only dated the waitresses because they (most) never went home with patrons and were usually pretty, in fact I married the last one I went out with 30+ years ago and still going strong.

View attachment 160621

Well played! I must admit, I admire your taste.

Remember the old Sesame Street game "One of these things is not like the others..."? Let's play...

upload_2019-3-27_10-33-21.png

Seriously though, 30 is FANTASTIC!!! Wishing you many more.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beauty and brains, what else could a man ask for right? Except for a maybe a gal that'll get out and turn a few wrenches with you like in the show, Live, Love and Wrench. My wife said she'd mess up her manicure, no way.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have two now. Wife hasn't said anything, YET!!!

Well, she actually did say yesterday to me as I was washing them, "oh great, I guess my car is never getting washed again". Lol

IMG_20190324_142226524_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
2 trucks and a 4 door el camino. Van for work, ram for play and avalanche for the dog I'm guessing. Seems like 2 are needed and the third is just a spare. Not sure I'd want to insure 3 trucks myself.

The Van and the Avalanche are on commercial auto policies so triple what normal car insurance is. I sometimes work in a city and have to fit into a parking garage. The wife actually enjoys driving the avalanche with and without the dogs. She just likes to break my balls when I park them in the street and they take up 1/3 of my cul-de-sac

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Can you trade the wife for another truck?

I used to tell girlfriends when they would get on my case about wrenching on cars back in high school. They would say that's all you do, you care about your car more than me, and I was always quick to reply "That's because my car is going to last longer" ............... The kicker is I was always right too hahaha

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like she's trying to trick/guilt you into washing her car.

Lol. Vehicles are all my responsibility. It's a Honda, can out last a roach in a nuclear holocaust and she won't let me put rims and other goodies in it, so it's just another car.

The truth is, it's actually me trick/guilting her into a Challenger! I'll be keeping that pristine, just like my trucks!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol. Vehicles are all my responsibility. It's a Honda, can out last a roach in a nuclear holocaust and she won't let me put rims and other goodies in it, so it's just another car.

The truth is, it's actually me trick/guilting her into a Challenger! I'll be keeping that pristine, just like my trucks!
Well good luck on getting challenger approval. If she's happy with her stock honda and a car is for transportation type it might be a hard sell

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well good luck on getting challenger approval. If she's happy with her stock honda and a car is for transportation type it might be a hard sell

Nah, stay at home mom. That car will get like 4k miles a year on it unless I drive it. So, ok 8k per year!

It's just a bigger car and my wife is 5'2". She has a lead foot, likes the need for speed, so hates her Honda, not made like they used to be. She really likes the old school muscle look of the Challenger. Done deal as long as when she test drives, it doesn't feel too large. I'm crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, hoping, praying and all kinds of other weird ****!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nah, stay at home mom. That car will get like 4k miles a year on it unless I drive it. So, ok 8k per year!

It's just a bigger car and my wife is 5'2". She has a lead foot, likes the need for speed, so hates her Honda, not made like they used to be. She really likes the old school muscle look of the Challenger. Done deal as long as when she test drives, it doesn't feel too large. I'm crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, hoping, praying and all kinds of other weird ****!
Get in it first and raise the seat as high as it goes and the pedals nice and close to improve your odds. If that doesn't work try voodoo.

Last edited:

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get in it first and raise the seat as high as it goes and the pedals nice and close to improve your odds. If that doesn't work try voodoo.

If the seat does not go high enough, who has done the front seat raise mod? Lol..

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I had bought a Camaro RS in 2010. My wife was with me. On a good day she was 5'1". She liked it at the dealership, but within a week, hated it with a passion. Said OK, even though I liked it, Momma knows best, went to dealership and traded up to a Silverado. Dat POS within 1,000 miles would not start multiple times. Once had towed from an Army base to dealership. The lemoned it out and gave me another same brand new truck. I went to RAM in 2012 and have not looked back, just saying...

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
At one time I had 6 with plates on them, dog truck, back up for the dog truck with fuel tank, my good truck , hemi of course, water truck, garbage truck ( 49 dodge ) Sunday truck ,57 with baby hemi, 2 3ton trucks with gas motors 1960's IHC, than a tandem '75 with 855 13sprr., parked all in a row , took a bit of space, "She" thinks I have too many tools and guns, WTH do they know?
Plus there where 3-4 that where not plated, just for back up to the back ups.
BTW, old trucks on the farm don't cost much tp plate/insure, but if they get smucked, you don't get much out of it, ||But where we are insurance comes with the plated, which I think is good, everyone that drives has insurance coverage

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
At one time I had 6 with plates on them, dog truck, back up for the dog truck with fuel tank, my good truck , hemi of course, water truck, garbage truck ( 49 dodge ) Sunday truck ,57 with baby hemi, 2 3ton trucks with gas motors 1960's IHC, than a tandem '75 with 855 13sprr., parked all in a row , took a bit of space, "She" thinks I have too many tools and guns, WTH do they know?
Plus there where 3-4 that where not plated, just for back up to the back ups.
BTW, old trucks on the farm don't cost much tp plate/insure, but if they get smucked, you don't get much out of it, ||But where we are insurance comes with the plated, which I think is good, everyone that drives has insurance coverage

No such thing as too many tools or guns either.
I watch LivePD it seems like no one has registration or insurance on anything. They must go to the dealer make one Payment on the car and then say catch me if you can

thestuntboy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 2500/2001 2500/2018 3500
Engine
8.0/5.9 gas/6.4
View attachment 160457 My wife says I have too many trucks, I told her there is no such thing.
I had a dumpster delivered yesterday so I pulled my trucks into our
Cul-de-sac it’s rare that I have them parked in a line so I took advantage of the photo opportunity. 3 is not a lot how many trucks do ya’ll have?
  • These three are current toys. Not pictured (file size) 2016 Renegade, 1998 Jeep TJ, 1990 Jeep YJ, 1940 Dodge VD-21. You said trucks so I will leave the cars out of it.2018 3500.jpg 20190119_141105.jpg 20190119_141155.jpg

View attachment 161295

View attachment 161296

Old Tractor Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife tells me I have too may tractors, so I bought a backhoe. No it didn't go over well. Looks like you need another truck, hmm flatbed maybe?