Mysterious Noise From drive train .... lots of work already done ... help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ifitrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
So I have this noise that sounds like a rock stuck in the rotor coming from sounds like the rear. So far New pads and rotors front and rear. Wheel bearings taken out and inspected and repacked with grease. Rear Diff serviced with new oil..... Here I am all this money and time in the crapper and the noise hasn't changed one bit since it started. Doesn't get louder the faster you go and doesn't really speed up much the faster you go. Its not super loud but enough to annoy me. The truck drives and turns fine without making in difference in the noise. The only thing I can think of is the Gear Vendor I have installed but its serviced as well and when its switched on the noise doesn't change one bit. If anyone has any advice that would be great because I'm going broke and insane trying to fix this. It also has a brand new south bend dual disk clutch.

FYI a professional shop had it all day today and also couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from. It only makes the noise when driving down the road.

2006 Dodge ram 2500 4x4
5.9 Cummins 24V
6 Speed G56