Mystery fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramguy61840

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2l
Hey there, shot in the dark but I'm stumped. My wife was driving my truck while I am away on training. She went into the gym and did her thing. About an hour later she came out and there was a green substance with a nondescript smell leaking from the axle and dripping from the inside of the tire to the ground. She says that all fluids are normal and at appropriate levels. She drove it home with no smells or sounds. Truck ran perfectly. IMG_7763.jpg IMG_7764.jpg Truck is a 94 ram 1500, 5.2l 4wd. This has me scratching my head, any ideas? Pics of fluid attaches.

fowlerdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Whatever it is, it's obviously under pressure in order to spew out like that. You sure that isn't tire sealant?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Interesting ! I wonder if she ran over a can of something in the road and it sprayed the truck ? I agree I would drop it off to get it looked at. If she can take a sample and also take that to the garage in case that stuff wash's off if it rains

SportRam00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 360
Looks like the front axle. If that's the case, I bet you have a bad axle seal on that side. Did she park on a on a non-level surface? If she did, I bet your front diff is leaking at that seal. Those seals are known to go bad. There are a few write ups around on how to do it. Replacing the inner seals does not look like a very fun job...

Last edited: