Nav Start Up and Etorque Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mooredriven

Reaction score
I’m a proud new owner of A 2021 1500 Limited. I traded in a 2018 King Ranch F150. It’s my first Ram in more than 20-years. So far, the truck is great but I have a few questions I thought those on the forum would know the answers too. My young new sales rep didn’t know.

First, I have the 12” screen and I have the Nav set as the top option with radio on the bottom. The navigation screen always defaults to the “Favorites“ screen. I have to swipe any direction to get the map to show up. It makes no sense to me why it would default to that screen.

Second, etorque doesnt work anything like my Fords auto stop/start feature. If the AC is on, even with the fan speed at 1, it doesn’t kick in when I stop. I learned last night (thanks YouTube) that if Max AC is on it won’t turn on. I made sure that was off today and it still didn’t come on when stopped. If I turn the fan off, it works.

I have about 250 miles on the truck and the sales rep thought it may need to reach 500 before it will start working. He said the computer is set to limit horsepower until you reach 500 miles. Sounded strange to me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
I dont have an answer regarding the nav screen, but my stop start activates when my truck is stopped, and my A/C fan is in any position but max. My engine does not turn off while stopped if my fan control is in the max setting. If it's a long light/stop my engine will restart if my cabin temp gets too hot, or I lessen break pressure. Hope this helps.

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
Sorry forgot to add, I have a 2021 1500 Bighorn.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
It is also dependant on a couple other things……battery voltage being one of them. If you are running a/c and a lot of accessories then stop start will not work. There is a screen in the display for stop start info. It will say ‘stop start ready’ or ‘ stop start not ready, a/c on max’ etc etc . Truck has also to be at normal operating temp for it to work. Mine works seamlessly.
2021 Longhorn Limited.

OP
OP
M

Mooredriven

Reaction score
Thanks British Bulldog. I’m going to give it some more time before. Take it to the dealer to look at. I’m also at 500 miles. If by 1,000 miles I never see it shut off, I’ll schedule a service appointment.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That was first thing I noticed about my nav screen. Which idiot designed this crap.

I have mine setup the same. Nav on top, music on bottom.

They make a big deal about 12 inch blah blah. It's really one the worse features on my truck and it shouldn't be.
The nav is useless and hard to use. Defaults to 'fav' instead of the map.

I didn't actually plan on using the Truck Nav, but when I plug in my phone. Google maps is so tiny, makes it useless as well.

OP
OP
M

Mooredriven

Reaction score
Update on the Start/Stop “issue”. I’ve never used the Auto temperature function in any car or truck I’ve owned. Once I turned it on, it resolved the issue when the cabin reached the desired temp.

I’m not a fan of how the map interface works, but that’s just a minor annoyance. Overall, I really have been enjoying the truck.

Morganus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I was having the same issue with the stop/start on my 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie etorque, by mistake I found out that if the temperature in the cabin is not to the temperature setting you placed the AC at it will not shut off so I moved my AC to 72 degrees and now my truck shuts off all the time when I stop and have not had a problem since. Try setting the temperature to the Temp outside and see if that works. If you are starting your truck before you get in this may help to get the truck to the temp setting of your desire, may also help you. If not Try shutting the AC off and see if that works.

As with your map, I have no clue I do not turn the map on unless I am using it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members