Navigation not working on a factory aftermarket 2012 radio.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Long back story short. Asterium radios were licensed by Chrysler to make aftermarket versions of their stock units to sell overseas. They are almost identical to a stock radio except they do not have XM. Not a big deal as I just use my phone through the USB to play it. It has a navigation plug on the back. So I purchased a navigation antenna and installed it today. I have tried reseting it and nothing. The navigation icon is lit so it recognizes it, but it will not open up. It has a SD card slot and I even downloaded a map of the entire US and still nothing. Can anyone help me? That is the only thing I really need to work. Asterium is no longer in business and info that I can find is very limited. It was a nice used unit, but I cant seem to troubleshoot the problem.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not familiar with that brand, but first thought is that the change in GPS information in 2019 may have rendered that unit ineffective. My next thought is that the antenna either isn't compatible or there is a defect in it or the wire. Last thought is the firmware needs to be updated but again no knowledge on this brand. Hope you figure it out, good luck.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not familiar with that brand, but first thought is that the change in GPS information in 2019 may have rendered that unit ineffective. My next thought is that the antenna either isn't compatible or there is a defect in it or the wire. Last thought is the firmware needs to be updated but again no knowledge on this brand. Hope you figure it out, good luck.
Thank you. I am 99% positive the antenna is correct, It is possible that the change in GPS info has stopped it from working. I really hope thats not the case. As far as updates, that is what I am currently looking for. This was the only brand that dodge let make aftermarket units of their originals. Thats about as much info as you can find on them.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Through Uconnect it shows no updates available. Could I not use a SD card and get it to work? I had talked to another buddy and he said it was do able.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Long back story short. Asterium radios were licensed by Chrysler to make aftermarket versions of their stock units to sell overseas. They are almost identical to a stock radio except they do not have XM. Not a big deal as I just use my phone through the USB to play it. It has a navigation plug on the back. So I purchased a navigation antenna and installed it today. I have tried reseting it and nothing. The navigation icon is lit so it recognizes it, but it will not open up. It has a SD card slot and I even downloaded a map of the entire US and still nothing. Can anyone help me? That is the only thing I really need to work. Asterium is no longer in business and info that I can find is very limited. It was a nice used unit, but I cant seem to troubleshoot the problem.
Do you have a link to what you are working with?

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump, I would really like to figure this out.