Need a little more exhaust sound without drone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragstrip69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
So I'd like to keep the cabin quite but add a bit more tone to the exhaust. I see the delete muffler and or resonators kits, these seem like they might be a lot louder than I'd want.

I had SLP LoudMouths on my Mustang gt and it was stupid loud. I don't want anything like that at all, This is a quiet, smooth amazing truck, just needs a little more sound.

I know you all have tried it all before so:
What would be the simplest exhaust mod to accomplish this?

Thanks

tforest525

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I installed a carven catback system on my 2021 ram 1500 and love it
Some drone at certain ram's but no matter the system your gonna get some drone

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mtnmjd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did a Flowmaster FlowFx muffler swap. Not too loud, barely noticeable inside cab if you keep your foot out of it. My wife, who didn't want me to change my exhaust, still hasn't noticed.
When you stomp it, the truck really wakes up nice. Not obnoxious but I can now hear that I have a hemi in there. Slightly annoying sound with MDS but not too bad, I just turn it off when I drive.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
So I'd like to keep the cabin quite but add a bit more tone to the exhaust. I see the delete muffler and or resonators kits, these seem like they might be a lot louder than I'd want.

I had SLP LoudMouths on my Mustang gt and it was stupid loud. I don't want anything like that at all, This is a quiet, smooth amazing truck, just needs a little more sound.

I know you all have tried it all before so:
What would be the simplest exhaust mod to accomplish this?

Thanks
Define "a bit more".

The only 100% drone free is Borla, they have 3 levels of sound.

Forgot one, Corsa is drone free too, but pretty loud. There is an install on Youtube.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dragstrip69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Define "a bit more".

The only 100% drone free is Borla, they have 3 levels of sound.

That's hard to say, just to know I have a v8 would be nice without needing to floor it and not ***** the whitetails crawling down the cart road.

I'll check borla.

Does changing the tips affect the tone much or is that more of a look thing?

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
That's hard to say, just to know I have a v8 would be nice without needing to floor it and not ***** the whitetails crawling down the cart road.

I'll check borla.

Some people say changing tips to larger makes the tone deeper. I changed mine to Carven (larger) and notice zero change in tone or loudness.

Gavin Foster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
i have flowmaster american thunder for my 2019 ram. sounds pretty clean and not super loud. but a step up from the stock exhaust. i haven't had any problems with it droning

beepster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have a 2019 5.7 Hemi w/ e torque. I suffered from the same dilemma and ended up going with the Flowmaster Direct fit #717847. Good tone during acceleration and almost no drone. Easy install but you do have to make one cut since the oem muffler is welded on at the factory. Also installed a K&N air filter element and my dash readout says that I have gained 1-2 mpg on my normal everyday driving.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Love my Borla Atak. "Too loud" is purely subjective. I've never had anything but compliments on the sound.

Long Range

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I'll check borla.

Corsa is a no drone also

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just do a flowmaster tip or similar, and don't mess with CAI. Usually it's the CAIs that make the droning noise you can hear from the cab. A nice muffler tip will add throaty sound and it is not too loud.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
For Catback I would do the Borla S, IMO best tone and not too loud while having a really deep tone. message me if you would like a quote on the Borla or any other exhaust

If you want less expensive and easy the QR300 muffler kit by Solo is a great option. Not too loud but still adds a nice amount of rumble.
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23716266-s...emi-muffler-delete-and-resonator-options.html
2cd the SOLO QR300 setup, quiet in the cab unless your on the throttle hard and no drone !

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2cd the SOLO QR300 setup, quiet in the cab unless your on the throttle hard and no drone !

That has been a popular one for sure. It is a great combo of being tame but loud when you want it to be and as mentioned NO drone!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye