Need advice for 3/5 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Was wondering if anyone could chime in here. I currently have a 2/4 Belltech drop. Everything rides fine currently. I'm wanting to cut springs down to have a 3/5" drop. Not really needing to redo all of it for the Inez 4/6. I actually prefer a 3/5. My plan was to get the no cut relocation brackets and trim rear springs. For the front, I've researched that more than 2" drop will make it hard to align. Would cutting the front springs to get to 3" and purchase the upper adjustable front control arms from Inez work well with my plans? Not sure if anyone has done this or something similar. I like how Inez parts are now powder coated so glad I waited. Thanks to anyone who could give advice.

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I started with the BT 2/4 and had the same feelings. I ended up cutting coils in June I think it was. I really went about an extra 1/2 inch lower front and rear. I did fronts first and measured the diameter of 1 coil. They measured 18 inches around and with what I was reading, people were doing between 1/3 and 1/2 a coil. I measured 7 1/2 inches around the diameter to get the middle of the 2 measurements and that is where I cut. On the rear, I did 1 full coil.
For the alignment, I had no problem getting the camber in, but I had to cut the threads on the tie rod to get the toe in. The jam nut that locks the end in is right at the edge of the threads, but the actual tie rod end wasn't deep enough to screw it far enough up the threads to contact the jam nut. If I were to go any lower, I would have to get different tie rods. I think I cut 5/16 or 3/8 inch off both tie rods on the threaded end and got my tap and die set out to clean up the end of the threads.

IMO, you shouldn't need the upper arms to get your alignment correct, but every truck is slightly different.
In these pics, I also have gone to a 275/55-20 so I sit about 1/2 inch lower but also picked up 1/2 inch of fender gap too20190913_111039.jpg

20190913_110946.jpg
20191019_134735.jpg

Last edited:

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was looking through the gallery on my phone and found pics of what I cut off all 4 springs.20190615_152553.jpg

OP
OP
H

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the information. I think will take your advice. I'll trim a little up front to see how it comes out first. Maybe 1/2" up front is good enough. Ill see how the tierods looks after I trim the front coils. Did you use the relocation brackets or anything to center the wheels in the rear? I will definitely cut a full coil from the rear. I have regular cab R/T so there may be a little bit of variance than your your quad cab. Also, one more thing. Did you trim a little more or not on the passenger side since the gas tank makes the driver side sit slightly lower??? I would like mine to be the same all the way around. Currently my driver side is about 1/2" lower than the passenger side and it kinda annoys me

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the information. I think will take your advice. I'll trim a little up front to see how it comes out first. Maybe 1/2" up front is good enough. Ill see how the tierods looks after I trim the front coils. Did you use the relocation brackets or anything to center the wheels in the rear? I will definitely cut a full coil from the rear. I have regular cab R/T so there may be a little bit of variance than your your quad cab. Also, one more thing. Did you trim a little more or not on the passenger side since the gas tank makes the driver side sit slightly lower??? I would like mine to be the same all the way around. Currently my driver side is about 1/2" lower than the passenger side and it kinda annoys me
I haven't gotten the Inez brackets, but am thinking about it. Looking at my pics, my rear end didn't seem to move forward much.
On the level side to side, I cut both sides the same. I kinda notice with mine, at a full tank, driver's side is a touch lower than passenger, about a needle width above half a tank I am level and at a quarter tank drivers side is a touch higher. I guess what I am saying is at half a tankish, I am closer to level than not and spend more time around half a tank than full or less than a quarter.
Hope that helped and good luck.
Here is a pic of mine next to a unmodified BT kit I happened to catch while shopping, I am the chrome bumper on the left. Kinda hard to see the height difference but I put the top of the backup lights on the top edge of the screen and you see the difference in where they sit.
20190924_094355.jpg

Last edited:

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was out and took a couple of pics right after a full up. Here is what it looks like from behind with a full tank. Almost looks like my passenger side is lower
20191027_151840.jpg

OP
OP
H

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yea passenger does look lower. Have you take measurements on each corner to see what the differences show?

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't, might be a project for the weekend