Need assistance with replacing headlamp assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Ericnottelin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would definitely be cool to see.. in Florida, the roads are pretty dark. And deer like to run out from the sides. So being able to see far and wide is a plus. Guess I'm wanting it all. Lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
That would definitely be cool to see.. in Florida, the roads are pretty dark. And deer like to run out from the sides. So being able to see far and wide is a plus. Guess I'm wanting it all. Lol
Right ? lol ...I am blind at night , the oncoming lights just kill me because of astigmatism ... and the fact that I have my front windshield tinted to 40% or 50% don't remember what it was, but being able to see wide like you said would be really cool lol ..

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Guys and Gals,

I am looking to replace the aftermarket headlamp assemblies the previous owner installed on the truck as he said the stock ones got too foggy. My truck is a 2013 Laramie Longhorn which came stock with the factory Projector style headlamp assemblies. As I've experienced in other low quality aftermarket projector assemblies, the installed assemblies have that really apparent low spot on the left side of the light output. Although factory has something similar, it is no where near as apparent as what these aftermarket jobbers have (see attached picture). We just came back from a long road trip and I couldn't see anything on the left side of the truck. Was so bad, my wife said she would refuse to drive the truck until I fixed it. Could someone please point me in the direction of a replacement headlamp assembly that is similar to stock (I kind of like the stock look) without having to spend $800-$900 per side at the dealership? Thanks in advance.View attachment 482914
If you are serious about replacing them, give factorychryslerparts.com. It's a dealership in Florida.My headlights on my 2011 Ram were getting foggy, tried ordering some from two different sources on eBay, and one set was so out of alignment I was spotlighting *****, the other you couldn't even hardly tell if it was on. Another set I ordered was showing to be a fit for my truck, but the screws to adjust them were not accessible from the outside of the truck engine compartment. I finally ordered the correct ones from the website mentioned and got factory replacements that are the right ones. The have new ones listed, as well as used, used being quite a bit less. I ordered the used one and when it came, it still had the film on it and it obviously had never been used. I think they list NOS as used.

Robert J

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a left side aftermarket headlight assembly in my 2013 Ram Sport due to water getting inside the OEM assembly. It has that pronounced dip like in your picture. At first I had problems with it but realized that the dip occurred right in the middle of the road. It allows me to aim the headlight a bit higher and not blind oncoming traffic. I also have HID bulbs in my projectors which work great. Your only other choice would be to buy OEM assemblies but this far down the road, you may end up with ones made by an aftermarket manufacturer with the same beam pattern.