Need help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankinstienbuild

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 megacab 4x4 built on top of the 2500, my truck was on the back of a tow truck and the driver left my transmission in park with the front wheels on the ground and tried to tow down the highway the wiring harness got snatched by the front drive shaft and the drive shaft kicked my fuel line and punched a hole through the floor and blew apart the transfer case,,. Everything has been replaced and I have the red lightning bolt on my dash and so I put a new throttle body on and a new apps gas pedal sensor and a new crank sensor and cam sensor still no throttle response at all,. Only dtc codes is biometric pressure, heated o2, and throttle switch e low input and secondary voltage b low input,. And now I get a cam code, but the sensor is brand new, also have a new battery rated at 1000 ca and 800 cca, also my truck has a new rebuild kit all the way around the motor and also 8 new injectors but still sounds like a misfire cause sometimes I'll get a code for cyl, 2,4,6
I'm almost ready to try reprogramming the computer or pulling ç2 to pinout chase wires for a chase of any wire breaks, truck wants to idle but just stalls out and start back up rev up and stall out it's trying to idle between 300-500 rpm also has a new air filter and ac compressor and water pump and alternator and starter, and transmission rebuild and new power steering pump and new belt and new spark plugs damn near an entire new truck but I'm lost figuring out the throttle issue..

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are all of your sensor's OEM, if not it could be part of your problems, time to get Alfaobd and check all the codes.

OP
OP
F

frankinstienbuild

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
So I have maybe 1 that isn't oem but now I get same 3 codes,. P2127,p0129,p0652,and now a cam sensor and all the sensors are getting 3.4 volts with key on engine off I changed all the fuel injectors and still get a misfire in 2,4,6/. So later today I'm gonna pull c2 and test for short to sensors and c1 and test for shorts the only thing I don't have plugged in is the electric shift motor on the transfer case but before the tow truck caused thousands in damage I'm still fighting for, I'm repairing myself this is my only transportation and work vehicle as me my wife and daughter have been walking the last 8months while fixing the truck.. I rewired the truck due to the harness getting tangled in the driveshaft I copied every wire color for color and at every plug I depinned 1x1 and put them in new plug corresponding hole. But the trans was rebuilt before tow truck and transfer case rebuilt after tow truck and engine got overhauling before the tow truck and ran smooth.. now I added new fuel injectors new cam sensor new crank sensor and new throttle body new battery new front driveshaft new piece of metal on floor new carpet new transfer case and parts of the harness and inside all connections that was repaired got dieelctric Grease to help resist moisture. So why all of a sudden the motor starts and kinda revs up for a second and the stalls out and throws a cyl code related to injectors. Then starts back up and runs rough but when u hit the gas pedal there's zero response with new throttle body and new gas pedal apps sensor and new battery and 3.5v at sensors I'm kinda think like wtf else runs the throttle except the pcm and someone down the road mentioned when the wires got Tangled and melted together could have shorted the pcm but then I was thinking we'll how the hell am I reading codes off the obd2 port and cranking my motor running music playing with buttons checking for functions are correct after the rewire.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you get all the ground wires hooked properly? May have missed one.

OP
OP
F

frankinstienbuild

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
So I got the electrical diagram, and followed procedure everything specs out but when testing ground all 6 wire have a ground including the 5v supply so I'm assuming the ground issue is within the pcm and I'll assume my injector code for 2 and 4 is the injector controller inside the pcm as well but the weird part is this morning I cranked it up ran smooth the. Cut off later I cranked it and back to rumbling and 2 misfires and can smell alot of fuel and throttle body butterfly doest open at all when idling or stepping on the pedal

OP
OP
F

frankinstienbuild

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I'll have to do a retest on the wiring since I left all the sensors plugged in except the one according to the dealer that would invalidate the result but all my sensors have 3volts on them