Need help CAI, Throttle body install loss of power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randy koehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So in need of opinions, and advice. I installed a 87mm throttle body and a S&B Cold air intake today.

Everything before install was fine had the seat of the pants feel, pulled really hard. After install it is now very sluggish pulls, but no where near where it was.

Double checked install everything everything is solid, had the battery disconnected during.

Only other mods truck has are shortie headers carven competitor, pedal commander. It is a 2013 ram 1500 sport 5.7L hemi.

Any advice? Or help?

Please and Thank you

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have pulled tb probably 4 times now, 1st to check/clean oem, 2nd to swap to fastman, 3rd to put oem back on for dealer visit(long story) and 4th to put fastman back on.
Did the relearn EVERY TIME and never an issue

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So in need of opinions, and advice. I installed a 87mm throttle body and a S&B Cold air intake today.

Everything before install was fine had the seat of the pants feel, pulled really hard. After install it is now very sluggish pulls, but no where near where it was.

Double checked install everything everything is solid, had the battery disconnected during.

Only other mods truck has are shortie headers carven competitor, pedal commander. It is a 2013 ram 1500 sport 5.7L hemi.

Any advice? Or help?

Please and Thank you

Is your truck tuned? Being a 2013 you have an unlocked pcm already. You can buy a i3. Or i2 used. They can be pretty cheap. Possible the current tune isn't liking that much air now.

Orrrrrrr could clean MAF sensor and see?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you use any silicone sealant on anything that might send the map sensor crazy