Need help finding OEM lifters for 6.4 hemi please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake4401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So my truck has been at the dealership for 2 1/2 months waiting on OEM lifters but they said there are 11,000 back orders!!!! So i am trying too find a set of OEM lifters for 2015 Ram 2500 6.4 hemi with MDS that have a warranty so i can just take them up there and have them installed so i can get my damn truck back. If you guys can post some links to where i can order some for a reasonable price that would be great! and i need them to be OEM with MDS! for a 2015 Ram 2500 6.4 HEMI

madweazl

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'13 1500 | '16 2500
Engine
5.7 | 6.4
Are the 6.4 lifters different than the 5.7s? Our truck was in the shop for this a few weeks ago and they had it done in two days (Safford Dodge in Fredericksburg VA).

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I dont think so honestly

All gen3 Hemi's use the same lifters. Once the parts got superseded all non MDS lifters are now the Hellcat design and there is an equivalent MDS (Collapsing) design for all engines with MDS that are only used for the cylinders with MDS. No one truly knows if the superseded parts are any better, but they're now the universal part for Hemi's with the only distinction being non MDS engines (6.2, manual 5.7/6.4) and MDS engines (Auto 5.7/6.4). The only other major change between an MDS engine and a non MDS engine, in the same application, is the cam grind change to account for MDS lifter ramp up differences.

NON MDS - 5038784AD
MDS - 5038788AD

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
can you put all non mds lifters in an mds hemi? ie- all hellcat lifters

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
can you put all non mds lifters in an mds hemi? ie- all hellcat lifters

With a cam swap. Either using a non MDS OE grind (5.7 Car Non MDS or 5.7 HD non MDS) or with a hotter custom grind. Pretty much all of the good cam's are going to require swapping to hellcat lifters as a minimum anyways.

OP
OP
jake4401

jake4401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Well i spoke too another dealership about finding some but they said they cant send them too my dealer because they are for their customers but the parts guy looked into it and said that 1,600 orders were being processed today so he said if they requested lifters for my truck and its has been there that long then they should arrive by the end of the week or next week sometime. everyone pray lol [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
With a cam swap. Either using a non MDS OE grind (5.7 Car Non MDS or 5.7 HD non MDS) or with a hotter custom grind. Pretty much all of the good cam's are going to require swapping to hellcat lifters as a minimum anyways.

so basically you can swap out lifter if you use cams and then i assume there must be something you'd flash to dsable MDS? (this is all in the context of if my cam and lifters went and i said to the deal i want them to install a hotter cam and aftermarket lifters)

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
so basically you can swap out lifter if you use cams and then i assume there must be something you'd flash to dsable MDS? (this is all in the context of if my cam and lifters went and i said to the deal i want them to install a hotter cam and aftermarket lifters)

So any of the options will require a tune to remove MDS from the setup. If you just go with a full MDS delete (New Hellcat Lifters and MDS plugs) and a stock NON MDS cam then you still need a tune since the non MDS cam profile will be different (Only HD's or Cars have non MDS cams) and you need to have MDS off. If you go with a hotter cam you might also want to do springs, retainers, pushrods (In some cases) on top of the MDS delete unless you go with a smaller NSR (No spring required) cam and then you just need want the lifters/MDS delete at a minimum. Either way a custom tune will get the most out of the setup.

I have the following mostly budgeted for if either one of my Hemi's has the cam issue (Or if I want to make more N/A power with the SRT). I'm already tuned on both by Greene so I'd just have to do the swap and update the tunes. In either case the dealer would not be performing the swap since I don't trust any of them around here to change oil, let alone swap a cam.

On the SRT :
Greene Racing 226/232 custom grind (More than likely)
Hellcat Lifters/MDS Delete Plugs
Springs/Retainers/Hardened Pushrods, etc
Mopar Tiebars
Hellcat Oil Pump

For the RAM:
NSR cam from Jay (More than likely)
Hardened Pushrods
Mopar Tiebars
Hellcat Oil Pump

Example MDS Delete Kit :
https://www.modernmusclextreme.com/...delete-kit-by-mmxmopar-components-listed.aspx

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So any of the options will require a tune to remove MDS from the setup. If you just go with a full MDS delete (New Hellcat Lifters and MDS plugs) and a stock NON MDS cam then you still need a tune since the non MDS cam profile will be different (Only HD's or Cars have non MDS cams) and you need to have MDS off. If you go with a hotter cam you might also want to do springs, retainers, pushrods (In some cases) on top of the MDS delete unless you go with a smaller NSR (No spring required) cam and then you just need want the lifters/MDS delete at a minimum. Either way a custom tune will get the most out of the setup.

I have the following mostly budgeted for if either one of my Hemi's has the cam issue (Or if I want to make more N/A power with the SRT). I'm already tuned on both by Greene so I'd just have to do the swap and update the tunes. In either case the dealer would not be performing the swap since I don't trust any of them around here to change oil, let alone swap a cam.

On the SRT :
Greene Racing 226/232 custom grind (More than likely)
Springs/Retainers/Hardened Pushrods, etc
Mopar Tiebars
Hellcat Oil Pump

For the RAM:
NSR cam from Jay (More than likely)
Hardened Pushrods
Mopar Tiebars
Hellcat Oil Pump

Example MDS Delete Kit :
https://www.modernmusclextreme.com/...delete-kit-by-mmxmopar-components-listed.aspx

Joshua have you considered a TSP cam,they look pretty damn good to.I'm running one of Jays 1.5HL cams in my truck,and my buddies 6 speed truck with a Stage 2 TSP cam,out horsepowered and torqued my 8 speed when we back to back tested them on the same dyno .I would give TSP cams some serious thought,as this is their first shot at Hemi cams,and they'll only get better from here on in,plus they're cheaper,lol

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Joshua have you considered a TSP cam,they look pretty damn good to.I'm running one of Jays 1.5HL cams in my truck,and my buddies 6 speed truck with a Stage 2 TSP cam,out horsepowered and torqued my 8 speed when we back to back tested them on the same dyno .I would give TSP cams some serious thought,as this is their first shot at Hemi cams,and they'll only get better from here on in,plus they're cheaper,lol

Hmm might have to put them on the list. They're only about 130 miles from me, but well over 2 hours away with the **** traffic through San Antonio and Austin. Haven't found any results running their cam in the 6.4 which is really the fun ride. I know guys are seeing right around 500 whp with Jay's cam in the 6.4. If I really wanted to go all out N/A on it I'd spend the cash for the OST Dyno big daddy cam along with the head/intake porting, but then I'd need a convertor to go with it. It would be a riot to troll my mustang buddies with that sort of rev out and top end which would almost be worth it. Of course at that price range might as well just get a procharger, install it my self, and blow their doors off.

http://www.ostdyno.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/6.4-HCI.pdf

OP
OP
jake4401

jake4401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hmm might have to put them on the list. They're only about 130 miles from me, but well over 2 hours away with the **** traffic through San Antonio and Austin. Haven't found any results running their cam in the 6.4 which is really the fun ride. I know guys are seeing right around 500 whp with Jay's cam in the 6.4. If I really wanted to go all out N/A on it I'd spend the cash for the OST Dyno big daddy cam along with the head/intake porting, but then I'd need a convertor to go with it. It would be a riot to troll my mustang buddies with that sort of rev out and top end which would almost be worth it. Of course at that price range might as well just get a procharger, install it my self, and blow their doors off.

http://www.ostdyno.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/6.4-HCI.pdf

I have been trying too find a turbo or supercharger for my 6.4 but cant find any[emoji2371]

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have been trying too find a turbo or supercharger for my 6.4 but cant find any[emoji2371]

Procharger has a bolt and go setup and the BGE 6.4 isn't much different than any other Hemi so the Whipple will bolt up. You can either get the whipple and peice together a setup or go with something put together for you like what FastHemi's has. Your limitation the truck motor is going to be the stock bottom end and not murdering the RFE tranny. The cam could also be better for making power with boost. The BGE block/heads themselves are actually very desirable for boosted 6.4's or 426 builds.

https://www.procharger.com/blog/2500-ram-truck-owners-procharger-boost-has-arrived
https://fasthemis.com/i-23893293-wh...-dodge-ram-6-4l-hemi-2014-2019-2500-3500.html

OP
OP
jake4401

jake4401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Well good news i just picked it up today and its quiet as a mouse[emoji16] not a single tick so I’m happy so far. Ill keep you guys updated on how its running for a few weeks.