Need help wiring back-up lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2018 RAM 3500 Bighorn. I recently purchased a pair of GM style towing mirrors on eBay. The installation was easy and the fit perfect. The mirrors each have integrated backup lights, nice feature, and a single wire to power them. Both wires need to tap the back-up light circuit to operate automatically. My 3500 is a crew cab/long bed and I do not want to run a wire to the rear and hack the back-up lights. I found some info online (https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/ar...78_electrical/2018-body-wiring-diagrams-r593/, which indicates the back-up light wires originate on connector C5 & C6 of the Body Control Module (BCM). However there are no pinouts for the connectors. The BCM is located at the top of the firewall on the drivers side and is extremely difficult to access. My questions are 1) is there an easier way to tap the back-up light circuit from inside the cab without hacking the C5 or C6 cable? 2) Does anyone have the pinouts for C5 & C6? 3) Are the back-up wires, from the BCM, logic +5v or +12v? Any help will be appreciated.