Need help with keyless enter and go in a 2019 bighorn classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim ludwig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As the title states I need some help upgrading my 2019 bighorn classic edition to keyless enter and go I traded a 2018 challenger t/a in for this ram I can’t tell you how many times I walked up to truck and pulled the handle and nothing happened so I started reading the tread about the upgrade in this forum and by page 30 I was done one guy keeps giving weather reports where he lives and another guy keeps asking about a plug in his overhead console I’m sick of it and there’s 150 more pages can anyone maybe with the same truck guide me through all the junk and tell me exactly what parts I need to buy to make this happen and maybe explain what alphaobd is i Live in Tampa Florida area Thanks in advance

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
AlfaOBD allows you to make the vehicle module configuration changes needed to add the Keyless entry and any other mods you want to do. It also can do a good deal of vehicle troubleshooting and diagnostics. It's well worth the $$
You can read all about it in the first post of this thread: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I just ordered a '21 RAM Classic (DS) and plan to do this mod, too. Here's one aftermarket option I found: http://www.autotechelectronic.com/ram-push-start-kits-proximity/

There's a good tutorial for 5th-gen (DT) trucks on a different forum that shall not be named here. Don't know how similar the procedure and parts are between DS and DT trucks, though.

AlphaOBD is a scan tool that enables setting the proper sales codes to make all the hardware work after you install it - you will have to get your truck's unique PIN code to use it (from the parts counter at your local RAM dealer). You can brick your truck if you aren't careful, though. I used a different but similar tool to reset the TPMS thresholds on my 2500 a few years ago. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/#post-1785284

Looks like we're both going to have to do some reading, unfortunately.

es

miguelito_az

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have facebook? There's a guy named Matt Dougherty in the groups, he puts together a factory kit. You'll need alfa OBD to program it all though.

deathbyburito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
You can find him on here. He's been pretty active more towards the end of the DIY thread for this upgrade. I got my wiring harness from him. Very helpful troubleshooting some issues I had and a very nice wiring harness. @DoughRat19

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As the title states I need some help upgrading my 2019 bighorn classic edition to keyless enter and go I traded a 2018 challenger t/a in for this ram I can’t tell you how many times I walked up to truck and pulled the handle and nothing happened so I started reading the tread about the upgrade in this forum and by page 30 I was done one guy keeps giving weather reports where he lives and another guy keeps asking about a plug in his overhead console I’m sick of it and there’s 150 more pages can anyone maybe with the same truck guide me through all the junk and tell me exactly what parts I need to buy to make this happen and maybe explain what alphaobd is i Live in Tampa Florida area Thanks in advance

Everything you need to know is in the first couple of posts of this thread?

slag009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did the upgrade last weekend and used one of Matt's harnesses. The harness that he makes looks OEM and he gives a full set of step by step instructions with pics. It definitely makes the job a lot easier. Well worth the money. I live in Palm Harbor, FL and have a 2019 Ram Classic. I can send you a parts list if you still need or if you have any questions.