Need help with switching from UAS to UAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
Not sure if I'm doing this right, but I'm looking for Benny.

I have a 2019 Ram Warlock that has the UAS radio. Two different dealers here in Tucson tell me that it is impossible to change out the radio to the UAQ with navigation. Many people on this forum tell me different.

I decided that I want to go with a new radio, rather than risk buying somebody else's problems with a used one, and I was advised that the PN for the radio I want is 68331631AK. I ordered that unit from the website for AllMoparParts.com earlier today. I then got an email from Lou stating that the radio "is not correct for your VIN or was not originally equipped on your vehicle." and that the order would be placed on hold unitl you heard from me. I initially tried to cancel the order, but if it will actually work in my truck, I'd like to keep the order going.

My primary concern is how I will be able to do whatever updates for both the UConnect and the maps (in the future.) As long as there is light at the end of the tunnel, I'm willing to get the new radio.

Do you think you can help me?

The name is Eric Johnson, but I go by Rick

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hey Benny, I am in a similar situation. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 with the 8.4 Uconnect 4C UAS and want to upgrade to the UAQ. Is this possible without issues?
Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,
This should be a pretty straight forward swap. The radio you need can be found here https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem...o-w-navigation-replaces-68331631al-68331631am
I would like to check your VIN to ensure you have a nav compatible antenna. I will also send you a code you can use.

Thanks,
- Benny

Scotty2Hottie83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi