Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gking0219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, new here so I have a 2014 ram 1500 5.7, I went to work with everything working fine I got back to my truck and I have no power to my dash lights and truck won't start, a buddy suggested I replace the tipm so I did and still the same problem truck won't start no accessory power to the dash radio won't come on lights work in the cab with the roller switch under the headlight switch, I can lock and unlock the doors with the fob the horn works but when I turn the key on to start nothing happens, ive checked all the fuses there good relays open and close when I did a tick test I tried to jump the starter as well and it just spins im at a loss any help would be great thanks

OP
OP
Gking0219

Gking0219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also I keep getting a link error when I try to check for codes with my code reader idk if that helps or not

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is the battery good/new? Rams tend to flake out real-funny when the battery gets low, or there area bad battery cable and/or electrical connections (and bad grounds). They do odd things I've never seen before in a vehicle. My Ram did the same thing -- was giving codes which indicated the TIPM was bad, flashing odd dash lights, strange electrical behavior, key retained, no start. This was after running errands all morning. New battery solved the problem. Lot of Ram owners on this site have experienced similar issues.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I bought a $200 some scan tool, because i used to buy non running cars & make them run, then sell them.

since most vehicles are electronic, more so since 2009,
It is too easy to throw parts at a fix, when a scanner most times indicates what to try first

OP
OP
Gking0219

Gking0219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The battery is less than a year old I bought it January of 22

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree. Have the battery load-tested. Most parts stores and shops do it for free. My battery *looked* like it was accepting a charge and it measures decent volts. But is spectacularly failed a load test. It might not be the battery, but best to start with the most common fail points first. Also inspect the engine/body grounds, and there's a main fuse in the fuse box (looks like a piece of thin sheetmetal) that a few users have reported was not making good contact. Electrons flow from neg -> pos so don't overlook your tk's grounds.