Need lift recommandations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

winogak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey im currently struggling finding a ''good'' front setup for my ram

my ram 1500 2013 4x4 slt swb 5.7 has a 3'' spacers im looking a way to get more height

i were looking for combine a rough country 2'' fronts struts with the spacer but i have problem

my top plate (beering) has been making noises (loose) till i found out their were both kinda chomp

Link kits bushings are gone too

what should i do i know they are extended link kits but where??

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldnt go with rough country...i ended up with nearly 4".

I have a buddy that went with Rancho quick lift and spacers. Looks good but honestly its a beauty pageant contestant and he knows it. The axle shafts are are a nasty angle. He drives it vry little and no offroading.

Also i had rancho, both spring isolators broke. Rancho does not make warranty claims nor would they send me new parts so i had to get refunded by amazon. c6d42be08cad5d59042c310358255a1f.jpgd31e8a5844c993b158852a59c7ba31bb.jpg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey im currently struggling finding a ''good'' front setup for my ram

my ram 1500 2013 4x4 slt swb 5.7 has a 3'' spacers im looking a way to get more height

i were looking for combine a rough country 2'' fronts struts with the spacer but i have problem

my top plate (beering) has been making noises (loose) till i found out their were both kinda chomp

Link kits bushings are gone too

what should i do i know they are extended link kits but where??

the only right way is to do a bracket style lift like zone. You’re in Canada so I assume you use your 4 wheel drive. Stacked lifts on a 4x4 is a no go. Yes it will give you height but it will nickel and dime you replacing ball joints tires cv axles etc. loop holes is a zone lift with adjustable struts like eibach and Bilstein

OP
OP
W

winogak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea i heard
I wouldnt go with rough country...i ended up with nearly 4".

I have a buddy that went with Rancho quick lift and spacers. Looks good but honestly its a beauty pageant contestant and he knows it. The axle shafts are are a nasty angle. He drives it vry little and no offroading.

Also i had rancho, both spring isolators broke. Rancho does not make warranty claims nor would they send me new parts so i had to get refunded by amazon. c6d42be08cad5d59042c310358255a1f.jpgd31e8a5844c993b158852a59c7ba31bb.jpg
Yea i heard you're exact review on amazon and others said rancho bad reviews everypeople said it wont last... even one said the lift was gone 3 days later... but why dont you recommend rough country?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Eibach springs on bilstein 5100 is what I’m running. Look at my signature and my build is there. Truck rides great. I’ve got the eibach springs front and rear sitting at 3/1 lift. I do have zone upper control arms up front. Still on stock sway bar links with no issues. If you want higher than 3” you would need a full on lift kit

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lifts don't stack, the only exceptions to this are you can use a body lift plus a suspension lift (nothing wrong with that) or if you're very experienced with 4wd suspension systems there are some opportunities to mix-and-match but that kind of tomfoolery is always going to be application specific and come with some compromises.

If you want more height than you have now and you want it to be reliable don't fool around there are hundreds maybe thousands of people happy with their Superlift 4" lift kits and the price is totally reasonable. If that's not enough Zone and Superlift each make 6 inch versions too - again priced very reasonable in comparison to trying to roll your own experimental disaster and learning the hard way all the mistakes those lift companies already engineered out for you.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Yea i heard

Yea i heard you're exact review on amazon and others said rancho bad reviews everypeople said it wont last... even one said the lift was gone 3 days later... but why dont you recommend rough country?

What you are trying to do will ruin your truck. It’s not about rancho or rough country you can’t pull 5” of lift out of your truck without dropping the front diff. readylift is the most height you can achieve without a bracket lift. It comes complete with UCA’s and a combination of a spacer and preload spacer.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont recommend RC you dont get what pay for, ride isnt that great and product support aint great.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Ok is there a kit for front only?
Are you trying to have a squat truck? Lower rear raise front, just trying to figure out your end goal. You have 3” puck spacers now so I’m not sure what you’re trying to do. Most squat trucks lower the rear 2ish inches

OP
OP
W

winogak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you trying to have a squat truck? Lower rear raise front, just trying to figure out your end goal. You have 3” puck spacers now so I’m not sure what you’re trying to do. Most squat trucks lower the rear 2ish inches
uhm Yeh.. The rear is 4/4.5'' and the front is 3 i dont want to touch the rear

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
From ground to wing?

doesn’t matter can go odd the tire, the hub or the ground as long as your centered on the wheel to bottom of the fender

MrDazana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lifts don't stack, the only exceptions to this are you can use a body lift plus a suspension lift (nothing wrong with that) or if you're very experienced with 4wd suspension systems there are some opportunities to mix-and-match but that kind of tomfoolery is always going to be application specific and come with some compromises.

If you want more height than you have now and you want it to be reliable don't fool around there are hundreds maybe thousands of people happy with their Superlift 4" lift kits and the price is totally reasonable. If that's not enough Zone and Superlift each make 6 inch versions too - again priced very reasonable in comparison to trying to roll your own experimental disaster and learning the hard way all the mistakes those lift companies already engineered out for you.
I second Superlift. They do it the right way and the kit swaps out the knuckle so you get to keep your upper controller straight which is much better for alignment. Superlift been arouind since the 70's with all their Chevy and ford lifts. I was very happy to hear that they started lift kits for ram. Getting mine installed on the 28th

cheers