Need Rear-End Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I won't leave anything in my receiver if I'm not towing as a general rule. Too hard on my shins when I walk around the truck.

Same here, I hit my shin pretty hard a few times when I left the hitch in. I have a neighbor that was rear-ended last year and he overreacted and leaves his hitch in all the time cuz he's paranoid he's going to be hit again, and wants to make sure he's going to spear their radiator.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I got rear ended last year in my GMC 2500 in DC doing maybe 5-10 in stop and go traffic...My hitch punched a hole through his front bumper. I had paint flakes on my receiver ball. I wished him a better day and went about my day.

If you didn't have your hitch in neither if you probably would have had any damage. That's the whole idea of those soft front bumpers.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
^^Possibly. But then again, if I had my boat back there he would have trashed the lower unit of a 250 HP outboard (runs about 20k). If I had my bike mounted he would have trashed my bike ('bout $1500)...if he would have been paying attention, he wouldn't have trashed his "soft front bumper."