Need some assistance 1st gen ram swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewtotheOld

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985;1986
Engine
G54B;Inline 6
As in the title i have two first gen ram's 1. being and 85 dodge ram 50 that i plan on removing the engine in and taking the one from my second, witch is a ram 100 (1986). I am wondering how many issues as far as moving from a 4 cyl-4sp to a 6cyl-3 speed. I am assuming the drive shaft will need to be changed will I also need to change out the rear end? Any help is appreciated. I am new to the swapping just trying to get everything to go a smooth as possible. Again thank you! I have attached a short video of the two, the Orange one is the 86; and the silver one facing away is the 85.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
the ram 50's are Mitsubishi's. 86 would be a /6 which really isn't worth swapping in unless you have done some serious modifications to it and even then they are very limited performance wise. better off buying a v8 to swap into the truck. would make it a lot more fun anyways.