Need some help Transfer Case Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CreativeIndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2014 Sport wont go into 4wd. no lights on the selector, no service 4wd or nothing. My scanner shows U0102-00 which is Lost Communication with Transfer Case Control Module. I am stumped on what the issue is.

Things I have tried.
Replaced the actuator on the TC
Replaced the dash selector
Checked the fuse #57 it was good
Checked wiring to TC Module on pass side under dash.
Checked wiring to the actuator and it looks good

Searching I find nothing except the people with the 2011 that has the harness in front of the fuse box issue which the 2014's don't have this. Anyone else experience this or can point me to check something else. I don't want to buy a new TCCM as I hear they rarely go out. I would think It would show the service 4x4 message but nothing shows, and no lights even for the 2wd on the selector are lit. The only other code I get is for active grill shutters as I have it disconnected. No other codes shown in scanner.

Any help appreciated.

OP
OP
C

CreativeIndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone by chance have the wiring diagram for where it comes out the firewall on passenger side near the ECM.. see someone before me was using a test poker to check for power on some wires and curious if I need to start here.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Read this it may help explain the system.

Poking holes through the insulation to check the wiring is not good. The wire could be broken internally due to corrosion from the compromise of the insulation.

OP
OP
C

CreativeIndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read this it may help explain the system.

Poking holes through the insulation to check the wiring is not good. The wire could be broken internally due to corrosion from the compromise of the insulation.

Thanks. I had seen that before, good write up. I think my problem is there is a wiring issue or power issue going on. At a minimum from everything I have read if any of the components had failed I would see a service 4wd light or warning. It's like my entire system is dead and seen the 2011 had similar issues with wiring that caused same troubles I am seeing. Feel the breakdown is between the TIPM or DTCM and the TCCM.. Just now sure where to start looking for wire failure.

OP
OP
C

CreativeIndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: So I am assuming I temp fixed my issue...

Double checked all fuses again and low and behold F77 was blown.. so replaced it, cleared all codes with my scanner.. re-ran and it still gave same code...
Went under passenger dash and grabbed all wires on the module, checked them again to make sure they were seated. I then went to passenger engine compartment, shook wires where they come out of firewall from TCCM to the ECM... unclicked big plug and blew air in and plugged back in... Stuck key in and now I have lights and 4wd works. Cleared codes and they have stayed cleared.

Wish I had a better answer to the fix to help anyone else out that encounters this, but not 100% sure what part fixed it but that is what I did. If I had to guess it was unplugging and repluging the large connector by the ECM on the passenger fender/firewall.

Brent 1955

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update: So I am assuming I temp fixed my issue...

Double checked all fuses again and low and behold F77 was blown.. so replaced it, cleared all codes with my scanner.. re-ran and it still gave same code...
Went under passenger dash and grabbed all wires on the module, checked them again to make sure they were seated. I then went to passenger engine compartment, shook wires where they come out of firewall from TCCM to the ECM... unclicked big plug and blew air in and plugged back in... Stuck key in and now I have lights and 4wd works. Cleared codes and they have stayed cleared.

Wish I had a better answer to the fix to help anyone else out that encounters this, but not 100% sure what part fixed it but that is what I did. If I had to guess it was unplugging and repluging the large connector by the ECM on the passenger fender/firewall.
I would say blowing it out before you connected it back together was the culprit. I have to do that to my wife's truck often.