Need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curryb15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 hemi
Hey everyone I've recently swapped my quad headlights for the TYC projector headlights. I got the harness from retroshop and everything went smoothly. But I am having 1 wierd issue. My parking lights and head lights work perfect all the time. My blinkers work intermittently. The blinkers will work for half the trip then I'll get a bulb out error message with hyper flash (parking lights still work ) then I'll turn the truck off for about 10 mins and everything will work. This cycle repeats itself and I can't figure out for the life of me why.

I contacted jermey and he is so helpful and told me my grounds for the resistors was bad. So I took his advice used a wire brush attached to a drill and took the paint off down to bare metal. I then used a self tapped screw to secure the ground. The wires are grounded to the steel support bars that the bumper and radiator assembly is secured to. I'm looking to see if anyone here has experienced this or can point me in the direction of fixing it. I'm still working with jermey to solve the issue. Btw I also have the retro shop hid kit installed with absolutely no problems other than the light patern is wierd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone I've recently swapped my quad headlights for the TYC projector headlights. I got the harness from retroshop and everything went smoothly. But I am having 1 wierd issue. My parking lights and head lights work perfect all the time. My blinkers work intermittently. The blinkers will work for half the trip then I'll get a bulb out error message with hyper flash (parking lights still work ) then I'll turn the truck off for about 10 mins and everything will work. This cycle repeats itself and I can't figure out for the life of me why.

I contacted jermey and he is so helpful and told me my grounds for the resistors was bad. So I took his advice used a wire brush attached to a drill and took the paint off down to bare metal. I then used a self tapped screw to secure the ground. The wires are grounded to the steel support bars that the bumper and radiator assembly is secured to. I'm looking to see if anyone here has experienced this or can point me in the direction of fixing it. I'm still working with jermey to solve the issue. Btw I also have the retro shop hid kit installed with absolutely no problems other than the light patern is wierd

I too had custom headlights bilt and went through the exact same issue. I ever bought an led bulb because people said it was putting too much power through the system. I tried resistors and everything. Nothing worked. What you can do is have Jeremy disable the color switch when your blinkers are on and keep a solid color. Other than that I couldn't find a resolution and went back to stock headlight housing.

OP
OP
curryb15

curryb15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 hemi
I too had custom headlights bilt and went through the exact same issue. I ever bought an led bulb because people said it was putting too much power through the system. I tried resistors and everything. Nothing worked. What you can do is have Jeremy disable the color switch when your blinkers are on and keep a solid color. Other than that I couldn't find a resolution and went back to stock headlight housing.

That's a real shame. I did not have the headlights retrofitted I bought them from TYC and installed as is. I was working with jermey when it came to the harness and resistors. I hate the stock quad headlights and their output so if I can't get this to work then idk what I'm going to do. I played with the idea of getting a set of spyder headlights but idk

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to CJR performance and ordered a set of their LED bulbs. The resistors and everything fit inside the housing so you don't have to drill though the dust cap. My windshield is tinted and the light output is still amazing.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck also came with the quad chrome housings which are ugly. So I bought the black quad housings. Changed it up a little. I forgot to mention the the CJRperformace lights come with the warning cancelers also so you don't get a warning or bulb out light.

OP
OP
curryb15

curryb15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 hemi
My truck also came with the quad chrome housings which are ugly. So I bought the black quad housings. Changed it up a little. I forgot to mention the the CJRperformace lights come with the warning cancelers also so you don't get a warning or bulb out light.

Can you drop a link ?