Need some opinions on Tires/wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fambreezy214

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello all, first post here. Just took delivery of my new Ram Limited earlier this week. Im trying to decide if I want to go with some A/T tires and keep the stock rims or if I should go to 22's with new tires. I think the stock 20's look a little to small for the truck but wonder if maybe some A/T's would help fill the wheel well a bit and give me the look I want without getting a whole new set of rims. Thoughts?

IMG_1255.jpgIMG_1253.jpg

xFURIOUSJONESx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Depends on the look you’re wanting to go for. Personally I like the size of the 20” wheels. I would say go with that and some 35’ A/Ts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All terrains in a slightly larger diameter will give you the look you're after without throwing off your speedometer too much.

Even if you go with 22's you'll need to maintain the same overall diameter so it won't fill the wheel wells any more than your 20's.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
IMG_0038.jpg I kept my 20" oem wheels but went with 275/60/r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers from tirebuyer.com

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I think that you would not like the ride of a 22 inch tire wheel combo. Plus the tires will be more money in a 22 inch. Your truck looks great as is but everyone likes some individualism.

No-to-nissan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would definitely stick with the factory wheels. They look great and a lot better quality than most aftermarket wheels unless you plan on buying a high dollar premium after market wheel that’s not made in China I’d stick with factory. my good friend owns a tire shop and he tells me the story’s of how it’s almost impossible to get aftermart rims to balance and ride smooth to keep the truck from shaking and thee has been several brands he has gone thru multi rims to find one that oils even balance out.

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would definitely stick with the factory wheels. They look great and a lot better quality than most aftermarket wheels unless you plan on buying a high dollar premium after market wheel that’s not made in China I’d stick with factory. my good friend owns a tire shop and he tells me the story’s of how it’s almost impossible to get aftermart rims to balance and ride smooth to keep the truck from shaking and thee has been several brands he has gone thru multi rims to find one that oils even balance out.

For some, it's definitely "you get what you pay for".

Add in some are lugcentric and people try to throw those on without getting a ring to match the stock bore. Leads to vibration even if the tire is balanced.

OP
OP
Fambreezy214

Fambreezy214

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that you would not like the ride of a 22 inch tire wheel combo. Plus the tires will be more money in a 22 inch. Your truck looks great as is but everyone likes some individualism.

This truck has an upgraded 22in wheel package that comes stock from the factory. It actually drove the same as far as I can tell as the one I ended up buying. Im not terribly worried about that I just think the wheels looks to small for this truck. Even with a thicker tire to fill up the wheel well a bit looks better but not as good as it does with the 22in wheel and A/T tire. This truck isn't going to be used off road much if any so i don't need a real think aggressive A/t or m/t but I like the way a moderate A/t and 22in wheel look on this truck so I think thats the way I'm gonna go. Appreciate the pics and tips.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
This truck has an upgraded 22in wheel package that comes stock from the factory. It actually drove the same as far as I can tell as the one I ended up buying. Im not terribly worried about that I just think the wheels looks to small for this truck. Even with a thicker tire to fill up the wheel well a bit looks better but not as good as it does with the 22in wheel and A/T tire. This truck isn't going to be used off road much if any so i don't need a real think aggressive A/t or m/t but I like the way a moderate A/t and 22in wheel look on this truck so I think thats the way I'm gonna go. Appreciate the pics and tips.
I love the look of the 22" wheel, but I agree on the wheel/tire looking too small for the truck. It seems to mimic the look of a lift on the truck without the body being higher off the ground.
edit: I might have mis-read the op. Find a pic of the truck with 22" wheels/tires. You'll see that the 20"/original wheel/tire combo fills the wheel well substantially better than the 22".

Last edited:

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Leave the factory wheels on. It looks good like it is

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

OP
OP
Fambreezy214

Fambreezy214

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, I went ahead and put on some wheels and tires. Didn't want to go crazy but I really like the way this truck looks on 22's and some good looking A/T's.

IMG_1404.jpg IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1412.jpg

Last edited:

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So what are the specs on the wheels and tires please ?

OP
OP
Fambreezy214

Fambreezy214

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wheels are OEM Denali Replicas. Tire size is 285/45r22

IMG_1406.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Agree, 22's look fitting on this big trucks. My 2011 I did a street 22", drove better than factory.

2012-06-28 19.40.43.jpg