NEED THE ADVISE OF AN EXPERT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldeneyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn/Longhorn Crew Cab
Engine
HEMI
I own a 2019 Bighorn Crew cab bucket seat console version with the cloth interior. For some unknown reason I decided to change the interior and found on Ebay a 2019 Laramie Longhorn Leather Buckets, Backseat and matching Console from a new Ram that was damaged in transit. The seats and console are Brand New with Tags attached. Now, for the problem: 1. My existing setup has heated front seats, power drivers but not passenger and a standard back seat. The new setup has power driver and passenger which are also heated and cooled. 2. The backseat also appears to be heated and cooled with switches for same on the rear of the console. I would like to get everything functional, I took a quick peak under the passenger front seat and didn't see a wiring pigtail, I would assume nothing electrical is under the back seat. Without knowing exactly what to do I would assume a couple of wiring harnesses--front pass and back and maybe a reflash of the 8.4 but I'm just guessing. PERPLEXED....

OP
OP
goldeneyee

goldeneyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Well mission accomplished. I removed the cloth front seats and rear seat from my 700 mile Ram which wasn't terribly difficult. The console was a different story. Although I looked all over the internet, I could find neither a drawing of the console attachment points nor a youtube video on removal. It took a while but I finally found all the bolts attaching the console to the floor and dash. The new console went in and all all electrical connections were the same. Now for the passenger seat that was not power. Ram, in its infinite wisdom, provided a connector that was pre-wired for the power passenger seat. Bolted seat down and simply plugged in. I held my breath to see if the seat would work and it did just like factory. Backseat was another issue as the Longhorn seats recline and the rear track bolt holes are not in the track but adjacent to the track. Seat is installed but rear back bolts are not yet installed. Still analyzing that problem. Haven't figured out the cool ventilated feature and may need a uconnect reflash as well as a wiring harness to activate the heat and cool for the backseat. There was a connector hanging against the backseat wall but not long enough to plug into the seats. All and all a time consuming job when you're doing it yourself but rewarding when you see the finished product. The truck is Delmonico red and the seats are the light leather color. An outstanding combination,

OP
OP
goldeneyee

goldeneyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Max Unlimited: I've tried every which way to post photos and I can't seem to post any. I agree that it would be informative for other members to view he photos. If you could provide me your email address, perhaps I could send them to you to post. Thanks... Bill

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Max Unlimited: I've tried every which way to post photos and I can't seem to post any. I agree that it would be informative for other members to view he photos. If you could provide me your email address, perhaps I could send them to you to post. Thanks... Bill

Bill, I can post those a little later when I get some time. I will direct message you my email.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Very nice. Thanks for the write up.