Need to Change Rear Shocks on Lifted Air Ride???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Limited with the factory air ride. I had a 3” Performance Accessories body lift installed by the dealer when Inourchased the truck new. The rear suspension has always been horrible and I just realized it still has the OEM rear shocks. PA says there kit does not include aftermarket shocks as there should be no reason their body lift should cause any issues with the OEM shocks.

Regardless, what aftermarket rear shocks are recommended for the air ride trucks and what length?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rpr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After doing some research I see that neither Bilstein or Fox show anything compatible with the air ride Rams. Why would that be, it looks like a standard shock in the rear behind the air bags?

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
After doing some research I see that neither Bilstein or Fox show anything compatible with the air ride Rams. Why would that be, it looks like a standard shock in the rear behind the air bags?
They are standard Shocks. Send @Nick@GotExhaust a pm and he can set you up with the proper shocks you need

OP
OP
R

rpr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nick was under the impression that they were the same as non-air ride trucks but I read something about the non air ride shocks having a compressed length that was too long for these trucks. Can’t recall where I saw that but that would explain why all the aftermarket manufacturers say their shocks don’t work on the air ride trucks. I would imagine that’s the type of issue that may never be noticed if you don’t drive off road, but could really cause issues if you do. I’m trying to find specs on the OEM shocks but so far I haven’t been able to find anything.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been discussed before on the forums.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963